Processing Option security

tberry6433

Hi List.

We have implemented an all doors shut security default on our system but without specifying anything for processing options. As part of SOX it is being strongly suggested we add a default setting with prompt for values and change set to N.

My initial concern with applying this default was the impact on the JDE delivered menus under Solution Explorer. However I did a few spot checks and it appeared that the delivered tasks were created assuming a system default preventing access to processing options. But when I put in the default for my testing team they almost immediately came across a delivered menu item that required the ability to change POs but which did not appear to override a presumed default. As simple as the settings are, I'm wondering if I've set the default incorrectly or if maybe they found a misdefined task definition.

Does anyone know if my basic assumption is correct? Reviewing my custom tasks for PO security is one thing but I'm really hoping I don't have to go through the JDE supplied tasks as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Back