Processing Option Question

Bill_Feeney

Hi All,
I'm really stumped and hope some JDE gurus can help.

In UBE R10411A, a financial report, the Processing Options allow for different level of detail to be broken out and reported.
The Processing Options template is T10411A and the processing option that controls the level of detail is cActLevelOfDetailEnd.
The problem I'm having is I have to create a report with this functionality but I CAN'T SEE HOW ITS BEING USED IN R10411A! I have done many ER searchs using the whole name and parts of it but get no hits.
How can a processing option control reporting logic if its not being used in the ER or being passed(that I can see) in a business function call.

Thanks for your help,

Bill Feeney
B7332 SP 13.1 Sun Unix Oracle 8.1.6

Hi Bill,
How have you done your search?
Have you printed the whole ER (Report scope) into a text file and searched on that text file with a text editor?
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Bill,
There is some magic behind the level of detail process which you will never find in the program because it is not handled there. There is system code which is triggered by the level of detail field - cActLevelOfDetailEnd - on the processing options form. You have to use the EXACT spelling "cActLevelOfDetailEnd" on the processing options form for that field or the level od detail process will never work.

So, when creating a new financial report you can either use an existing processing options template with the level of detail field on it or create a new one with the appropriate name for the level of detail which is "cActLevelOfDetailEnd".

Hope that helps,
Randy Lew
[email protected]

Hi All,
I'm really stumped and hope some JDE gurus can help.

In UBE R10411A, a financial report, the Processing Options allow for different level of detail to be broken out and reported.
The Processing Options template is T10411A and the processing option that controls the level of detail is cActLevelOfDetailEnd.
The problem I'm having is I have to create a report with this functionality but I CAN'T SEE HOW ITS BEING USED IN R10411A! I have done many ER searchs using the whole name and parts of it but get no hits.
How can a processing option control reporting logic if its not being used in the ER or being passed(that I can see) in a business function call.

Thanks for your help,

Bill Feeney
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=15199

Zoltan,
I went into the RDA and View ER then right clicked on the heghest level and
selected search. Filled in the PO name (cActLevelOfDetailEnd) and clicked
find.
Would printing it to the text file work better?

Thanks

Bill Feeney
JDE Technical Developer
B733.2, SP 13.1, Unix, Oracle 8.1.6

Bill Feeney

Zoltan,
I just tried printing to a file and doing the search on the output and also
got no hits.

Bill Feeney
JDE Technical Developer
B733.2, SP 13.1, Unix, Oracle 8.1.6

Bill Feeney

Re: RE: Processing Option Question

Hi Bill,
1.) Have you select "Report" as Print Scope?
2.) Have you marked the "Expand Arguments" Print ER Option check-box?
If the answer is yes-yes then it controls the work not by ER but somehow else, sorry.
But this method searching something in ER generally the best and fastest, mainly in large ER logic. I use it frequently.

Hope, somebody can help you more.

Zoltán

Randy,
Thank you very much! I just now got off the phone with JDE and they "sorta" gave me the same answer by telling me it was handled by the Section Properties, Financial tab, checking the Level of Detail Rollup. This then works with your processing option in the report engine.
Your answer clears it up much more for me as to using the exact name for the processing option. I think I might have gone bonkers trying to add a level of detail PO if I didn't know to give it the exact correct name.

Again Thanks,

P.S. Enjoy your holiday Zoltan(and thanks for your responses too)

Bill Feeney

Hi Bill,

At first thanks for your good wishes.
As we already know the solution of your issue, I have got an other idea, how to find it. Maybe could work.

Print the report with the most detailed cover page and search the PDF file. Maybe you have to enlarge the paper size, change the orientation to landscape and decrease the font size for this run making possible to fit long line cover page infos onto the page.

If it works then this way together with ER TXT search could be a good duet for investigation.

Please, let us know your result if you tried this cover page method. Thanks.

Zoltán

Back