Problems After a Post

Larry_Jones

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
Dear Support,

for the last three weeks or so, when I post to a forum (usually a response) after I preview and then hit the post button I see the message that my post has been made and I'll be returned to the forum/index in a bit. What actually happens though is I never leave this screen until it finally times out. My post is successful - I just never get returned to the index. Is this a known issue?

I'll see what happens when I post this message and copy the actual text as an edited addendum below.

Cheers,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

---------------------------
Addendum:

it didn't happen to me in this forum?! It always does now in the OneWorld / XE and the Developers Forum. Go Figure!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Larry_Jones on 4/4/02 04:44 PM.</FONT></P>

Hi Larry,

I also experienced something similar.
Generally, I never wait for the automatical return just simply press one of the active text on the mentioned screen to return immediately, so it isn't an issue for me.
Have you tried it also?

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

this is a test to see if it's slow for me too.

I don't know if it's slow since I always use Zoltan's trick.

Christian

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP18.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Larry,

I've just tested it and it's realy fast for me, I mean that I do my post, then hit "Preview" and then "Post", after this I wait 3-4 sec and I'm back to the previous screen automatically.

Can you try it back in this thread ?

Christian
P.S. to be honest with you I remember some time ago that it's was slow to go back to the previous screen, but I don't see this behaviour anymore.

Christian,

please refer to the addendum in my original post - I don't see the behavior in this forum .. just the main forums.

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

OK, Zoltán, tried your method and it works. The other is still annoying though. I assume the problem came from the "stealth" upgrade that was supposed to be applied last month ...

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

Larry,

Sorry I misread your first post. Your are right it's still doing it in the other forum. Some testing lead me to the fact that the upgraded forum don't have the issue.

Christian

You don't have the upgrade?
wink.gif

Back