Problem with Received not Vouchered Account number when receiving PO

dlsesler

I am having a problem with the Received not Vouchered Account when attempting to receive a PO. Here's a brief sysopsis of what happens: When a Purchase Order is entered or imported, it is entered for a particular branch/plant (type BP in the Business Unit Master). For the vast majority of our branch/plants, the fund associated with the branch/plant is fund 00002.

Example (PO header)
PO number (DOCO) -- 49
PO type (DCTO) -- OI
Order fund (KCOO) -- 00002
Branch/Plant (MCU) -- 1450

Each line-item of a Purchase Order has another fund associated with it. This fund is tied to the account number (account ID.object account.subsidiary).

Example (PO detail)
Account ID (AID) -- 04351145
Cost Center (OMCU) -- 14500100
Object Acct (OBJ) -- 503130
Account No (ANI) -- 14500100.503130
Fund (CO) -- 51138

When received, the Received not Vouchered account that should be debited is 51138.201500; however, when I attempt to receive the item, I get a message that fund 1450.201500 is invalid. I am able to get this to work properly if I go into AAI 4320 and put 51138 in the branch plant field for Fund 00000, Do Ty OI.

It appears that AAI 4320 wants to get the fund associated with the branch plant, not the fund associated with PO line item. How do I get it to get the proper fund?

Hi Dlsesler,
First Let me know whether you are using Fex Accounting. If you are not using flex then...and your business unit is "Blank" in AAI table then system will take the business unit from the transaction. i.e from MCU. In your example it is Branch/Plant (MCU) -- 1450 and object account from AAI table. That is why it is picking up 1450.201500. If you put Business Unit number in AAI table then it will pick from AAI Table. That is why it is picking 51138.201500.
To Sumup If AAI is not having BU then..Business Unit will be transaction Business Unit(MCU) and if AAI table is having Business unit then the same will be picked up.

I am not using flex accounting. If I use flex accounting, can I then pull the fund associated with the MCU that is linked to the account in the PO detail line, and not the one associated with the PO header MCU?

Are your AAI's set up only for fund 00000? If so, you will need to set up your AAI's by fund. In other words, you will need an AAI entry for CO = 51138, Doc Type OI that has MCU = 51138 and OBJ = 201500. You will need to do this for each fund. Since you are trying to point the RNV to a business unit other than the Branch Plant, you cannot leave the MCU field blank in this AAI.

Back