Problem uploading foreign currency open items into AR - F03B11Z1 & F0911Z1

MikeS

MikeS

We need to upload 2,800 open items into our OneWorld XE SP23_J1 AR database. About 300 of them are in Canadian dollars the rest in USD currency. This is our first experience with multicurrency in JDE. We just turned this on and I am trying test uploads into PY using the two Z1 files F03B11Z1 and F0911Z1.

I wrote a UBE to populate these two files following the guidelines of "BATCH INVOICE PROCESSING - PEOPLESOFT ofn-99-0111-1.htm" (from the Peoplesoft website) and "Batch Input Setup for Invoice Transactions" of the OneWorld XE English documentation CD.

But I am not having much luck with the Canadian open items. The US currency ones upload just fine. On the Canadian ones they come in without any USD values associated with them. I tried all kinds of different variations of putting or not putting values into VJACR, VJCRR, VJCTXN without any luck.

If I fill VJACR with the foreign amount, VJCRR with a fixed exchange rate, VJCRRM with F for foreign, VJCRCD with CAD and leave VJCTXA and VJCTXN fields empty since it says "you should not complete both the currency amount VJACR and foreign taxable amounts fields". I also left the AG field empty. When I upload the data like this I get no errors in the Job log or in the work center file for the job. The open items get created but none of the amount fields are populated. Everything is 0.

Have any of you uploaded foreign currency items into JDE succesfully using the Z1 files? What fields did you populate and which ones did you not?

Thanks for your help.
confused.gif

Mike

Mike,

We use them on a daily basis without issue for USD and CAD currency. I will take at look at ours and see if I notice any differences

Steve
XE SP23 ES AS/400 etc....

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. If you could let me know which of the amount and currency related fields you populate for the USD and for the CAD items that would be great.

Thank you so much.

Mike

Mike,

On our foreign currency we have CRCD ='USD' CRRM ='F'
ACR = $$$$, AG =0 . Also, make sure the dollar amounts
are not negative. This is for the F03B11Z1

Steve
XE SP 23 ES AS/400 etc....

Thanks again for another quick reply.

Hmmm CRCD = "USD" even for the foreign/Canadian open items? So how does the system know that these are CAD (Canadian dollar) open items?

I will give that a try. Unfortunately it will have to wait until Monday. Our admins are doing some library copying/maintenance right now, so we are locked out of DV for the rest of the day.

Mike

Back