Problem promoting menu changes

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0 and for the first time, I am trying to promote menu changes using OMW. We previously had just made the changes directly in Prod.

I have an OMW project that has only Solution Explorer Task, Task Relationship, Task Variant items on it. I had previously moved this project from 21 (programming) to 26 (QATest/Review) with no issue. Then I moved it back to 25 (rework) and back to 21.

Now when I try to move it to 26 again, it seems to try, doing a bunch of transferring, then leaves the status at 21 with an error 'General Error in Method, Change Status'.

The only thing I see in the logging is the rollback of the status. So something it doesn't like and not sure where to look.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

in OMW Logging, instead of the looking at the detail records for the rollback, click on the promotion record (21->26) and look at the detail records for it. Usually it's a task relationship record being promoted before the tasks themselves.

Thanks Jean, I didn't see anything in the logging on that promotion record, but did find our issue I think. It was as you suggested an issue with a relationship record not have the corresponding task. We had added a task and put it on a menu but decided not to use it. So I ended up with a task relationship record for a new task that we had not added to the project. So we just removed the relationship record for that task from our project and that resolved it. Thanks for the hint.

Hi Jimmy,
Is it possible to attach a screen shot concerning your problem, I work a lot with menus and I transfer back and forth without any problem.
Regards

akkam,

I am setting up a project to push the menus through the environments. Are these all I need to put in the project?
Solution Explorer Task, Task Relationship, Task Variant

Thanks,.

Back