Printing Media object

moer

Hi there,

Has anybody ever tried to print media objects from an UBE?
ORACLE says it hasn't (doc 636127.1) but I ask just in case.

Thank you

Eric

Eric,

Yes I have and I have posted information about this on JDEList in the past - subjects involving: the work centre (or center), parsing text, and others.

Eric,

If MO is other than text (JPEG, PDF) then you have to program for retrieving & printing. I have done bit of trial & error on this.

Standard System Functions listed Under Media Object catageory in UBE event rule are your friend if you wish to print associated text media object.

Use the "Media Objects" system function and use the <Get Text>.

Ensure that the Media Object being entered is not formatted or it won't be displayed properly. See the GDTXVC field on the F00165 table for an example of what I'm talking about.

I've done this to attach comments to work order forms.

Hi all -

We also print using the Get Text method, but what happens if you need other than the first text record? Have any of you used the APIs to generate a Custom BSFN to retrieve contents of any or all text records? We really need this functionality here. Thanks to all for assistance!

Darren H. Young
Sr. Systems Analyst
Paul Mueller Company
JD Edwards 9.0
Tools Release 8.98.3.4
Windows 2008 64 bit

Yes, I have used the C Media Object APIs quite a bit and they work just fine. In 9.0 you have several sets of them to choose from. Find some that look promising, look for examples in pristine code and then experiment. I have used them to combine multiple text attachments into one attachment and insert to other records, inserted new ones, all sorts of things. For the most part, on the later tools releases, you have the Oracle provided Media Object APIs to do pretty much what ever you need to do.

Haresh,
your statement "I have done bit of trial & error on this." implies some success in getting non-text media objects to print in UBE output. Can you educate us as to how you did this?

Thanks,

Hi Larry,

I am also very curious, how to print:

[ QUOTE ]
non-text media objects to print in UBE output.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe get out the printed PDF paper from one printer, put in an other and over-print the non-text media object?

I am really very curious.

Regards,

Zoltán

I will definitely keep an eye on this discussion to see if and where it goes, as this is possible future functionality of significant interest to various departments here in our OYO Geospace user community.

I had just created a BSFN to print a media object text or doc or pdf or it can be anything but html. Please let me know if anybody would like to try it out and I can send in the business function.

I would be glad to see what you were able to do with this. Thanks.

Darren Young
Paul Mueller Company

Back