Printing is VERY SLOW

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
We are using a Rioch Atico APA500. When it prints, it will print one page, then a pause, then print another and then pause. If we are printing 200 invoices this will take for ever. Is there any way of speeding this up? When we print to a Laser printer, it is fine, the pages print out rather quickly.

Thanks
Stephanie

Stephanie

This may be due to the Ricoh being a 'Document' Printer (like most connected copiers) rather than a 'Page' printer (like most laser printers).
Does your output come from FormScape as a single print file containing all the documents or as a series of individual print files each containing one document? If the PrintGraphic is in a Scan it will produce individual files whereas a Reporter under the PrintGraphic will produce a single file. The Ricoh should perform best with a single file tho you may have to wait for the whole job to spool to the printer before printing starts.
Also check the print file sizes produced by the Ricoh driver and see if these are substantially larger than those produced by your laser printer driver. In this case you may need to adjust the settings to reduce the size.

Hope this helps

I have a reporter under the printgraphic so it should be printing as one file. How can I change the settings to print after the report has spooled. I will have to check into the print sizes.

Thanks for the suggestions
Stephanie

Back