Printer settings for fat client and server

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We have designed to print a report (using RDA in JDE E1 8.12 TR 8.96.40)on a printed form (for example, bank transaction from). So the format is from the bank and data is from JDE.

While printing locally, the alignments are OK. But while running on server, there is a little difference in the alignment.

Where should I check ?
- In the printer settings ?
- In Adobe Reader settings ?
- Or we have different settings from fat client and thin client.

Please suggest.

Last edited:
If you are using a regular UBE, in your PDF in Acrobat, before printing, in the "Page Size and Handling" portion of the Acrobat print dialog, click "Actual Size" and then Adobe will stop moving things around before printing and your will match JDE printing from server.

John, I agree with you.

But the issue is that the user is already using Fit, and Auto Portrait/ Landscape for numerous reports. So I forced to stick with this option.

I noted one more thing, while generating the report from fat client, the PDF paper size is 8.50 x 11.0 inches.
But while running on server, it gives 8.27 x 11.69(A4 size).

So to test Fit & Auto Portrait/ Landscape settings, each time I need to deploy and test in the server.

How can I make the PDF paper size of fat client to match server paper size (8.27 x 11.69)

John, I agree with you.

But the issue is that the user is already using Fit, and Auto Portrait/ Landscape for numerous reports. So I forced to stick with this option.

I noted one more thing, while generating the report from fat client, the PDF paper size is 8.50 x 11.0 inches.
But while running on server, it gives 8.27 x 11.69(A4 size).

So to test Fit & Auto Portrait/ Landscape settings, each time I need to deploy and test in the server.

How can I make the PDF paper size of fat client to match server paper size (8.27 x 11.69)

May be you need to check the printer setting in application P98616.

Paper size will be pick from this application settings . Screenshot attached for you better understanding !

PP98616.jpg

Back