Print PO and email the PDF to supplier?

Sankarguru Mani

Hello All,

I have the following requirement from my user. Please check it out and let me know whether it is possible in JDE or Do we need to use any other third party tools to do the trick?

1. Once the PO is validated and approved, the end user will have the feature (eg: button) to email the PO to the relevant supplier. If there supplier is having 5 different POs, JDE will send 5 different emails and each is having different PO being attached. The email probably can be differentiated by the PO number at the email subject and attachment(.pdf) name. Best if there is any feature to know that the recipient has received or read the email sent by us.

2. Whenever there is a PO emailed to the supplier, JDE will need to keep track of the email sent such as when, who and how many times it has been sent. Perhaps there is a searchable report for them to retrieve the history of the email + PO being sent.

3. Also, the POs that being emailed should be archived at somewhere, such as either at our local shared directory or public shared + secured directory because the end user might need to track and retrieve/refer to it in future, such as when the supplier claims that they did not received email + PO from us. Also, the archived PO should be named with its PO number for easy reference.

4. Lastly, above scenario is on one-by-one basis, which mean the PO is being sent one by one for each supplier. However, is there any possibility to have batch POs selection and email sending feature? Example, the end user will select a list of all the POs of the day and then send them all in one time. The JDE system probably will retrieve all the suppliers of the selected POs and perform the batch job email sending. However, again same rule applied that the supplier with N POs will receive N emails as explained in Point 1.

I had already referred the post #109383 which is similar to my requirement but there are some differences. It would be great if anybody can give me a basic logic for matching my requirements.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Sankar
XE - SP22

Hi Sankar

I've seen this attempted a couple of times. (Not sure if it's the best approach though).

The first thing to do is store the supplier's email address, and a flag to say whether they accept emails or not.

R43500 may need modifying so that the output pdf contains the supplier's email address, and flag to say email accepted Y/N.

Then using CreateForm + Director you can distribute the email to the supplier's email address (printed on the pdf).

I've also seen a similar approach using Optio and BI Publisher.

I know this doesn't answer all of your questions, but I think how-to do each step will depend on which tool you use to distribute the output.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Hi,
you can achive all your requirements inside jde tool.
You have the mail bsfn, you can run a PO reprint by supplier, store the job number of the ube and reference the pdf created in order to send the email, you can store the mail activity in some tables and copy the attachements wherever you want.

You need to design your solution but be sure it will works; there is no need of external tool.

Best regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Sankarguru;
did you find a solution for this problem?
i have the same request from our purchasing department.
thank you

Back