Print multiple copies to multiple printers

ronnet

Hoping this new year gets better and wish
Happy New Year to all JDE Fans!

I need to send the output of a report, to two different printers at the same time automatically, without having to generate the report
again.

Any idea is welcome

Ronnet Patino
OneWorld Developer
OneWorld B7333 XE SP 15
Panama<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Sef on 1/2/02 02:27 PM.</FONT></P>

Re: Print Twice

Well, it can be done reasonably easily on submitted jobs (but not as easily for jobs that are run locally).
If you add Table ER (after update) code to the file F986110, and condition the code to execute when JOBSTS = "D", you can then call a C BSFN to print your job with the appropriate printer.

There are JDE Api's that your C function (e.g. jdePrintOnServer) can call that will print to an indicated JDE printer (this will be an immediate print). You can call this function as many times as you want (using a different printer each time). These API's need the serverhost name, the job number and the printer (of course). Except for the printer, the details are known on the F986110 record.

Note: JDE creates a PDF file and this file can be converted to ANY printer (PS or PCL), no matter what format it was created in.

The only thing you will need to invent, is to ork out which printer you will use (either hard coded) or via a look up table (from the pdf name, you can extract the report id and version).

Hope this Helps.

Peter Hamilton
B7332 SP14, Windows NT, Unix

Re: Print Twice

Fascinating and imaginative answer Peter!
My immediate thought was "this can't be done in OneWorld". You proved me wrong. Great Tip!

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Back