Price Audit Report

CHo

VIP Member
Hi.

Has anyone done a price audit report on F42199?

We need to do one. I am trying to figure out the best approach with the number of records in F42199. The table is huge even though we archive the table.

Last edited:
Could you please provide some more details? What criteria should determine which F42199 records appear on the report?

No, we really don't do those here.

Questions I can think of:
1. Do you have a standard price list in JDE? Does the business want to compare against that?
2. If not a standard price list, are you attempting to identify variations in prices for the same product?
3. Do you use Price Adjustments to calculate special pricing?
4. Most important of all ... what exactly are you trying to accomplish from the business perspective?

The business wants to know how often people are changing the prices on the sales orders. I have been told it is very often and business would like to get an exact number.

For us here we would develop a Crystal Report that would graph that for each user and would take about 1/2 an hour to develop and publish.
You can do a plain report in a UBE but I expect its going to take quite a bit longer.
Just:
1. Lay out exactly how the user(s) want the data to look on the report - what data elements, Average, Median, Count - what type of toals do they want
2. Based on 1 determine how the data will be sorted and where your control breaks will be
3. Begin designing the report

Hi CHO,

Based on the User field and UPRC field in F42199 (hits multiple times when prices will changes) you can develop report to count the no of prices on the user level.

Regards
Ramashankar

For us here we would develop a Crystal Report that would graph that for each user and would take about 1/2 an hour to develop and publish.
You can do a plain report in a UBE but I expect its going to take quite a bit longer.
Just:
1. Lay out exactly how the user(s) want the data to look on the report - what data elements, Average, Median, Count - what type of toals do they want
2. Based on 1 determine how the data will be sorted and where your control breaks will be
3. Begin designing the report

The issue is each SO could have 100 lines. Each of these lines could have at least 10 lines in F42199. There are about 8 branch plants. There are hundreds maybe thousands of SO each day. Auditors just want the person who changed the price. So not all F42199 records need to print. Performance will be a huge issue even if we schedule the report.

We are wondering if any other company has done something similar.

Hello C Ho,

While it doesn't tell you who last touched it, PROV on the F4211/F42119 could be useful to identify lines where price has changed. This field is called price override and will have a 1 in it if the price was manually entered/changed. If you join that list of lines to the F42199 and sort on order, line, date, time you could have the report find the lines for you. If previous order/line match current order/line check unit price. If prior unit price and current unit price do not match, write out the current record including the audit fields to identify who/when/how.

The caveat here is that we have not done this, so it is theoretical at this point. I will let it to you to have the adventure of turning it into reality.

Jer

How about joining F42199 and F4211 by the order key and selecting where SDUPRC <> SLUPRC? You'll get any price changes plus the audit info. There will duplicates if other changes were logged but that can be worked around.

Craig

Back