Preparing Sales Quotes Outside of JDE

parora

Well Known Member
My client's Salespeople prepare Sales Quotes outside of JDE in Excel and then import these into JDE, only when the Quote is accepted by their customer. Currently, they periodically download Item Master (F4101), Supplier Pricing (F41061), and Customer/Vendor Address Master (F0101) information from JDE onto their Excel spreadsheet, to ensure they have current/valid Item, Costing, and Address information. Looking for other suggestions on achieving this, with the provision, that their Salespeople don't always have live access to JDE, but need access to the Master and Pricing information mentioned, which is maintained within JDE, to prepare their Quote.

**************************************************************************************
Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Information confidentielle: Le présent message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privilégiée. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire prévu que tout examen, réacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez en aviser immédiatement l’expéditeur par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre système. Merci.
**************************************************************************************

OneWorld XE, Update 6, SP20, AS/400

Check out a mobile solution for PDA's. One that I know of is md2 systems at
www.md2sys.com. Devi has written the software to download the data
necessary for sales people to create orders and upload them from a PDA to
JDE.

Andy

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Hi Pankaj,
you should probably take a look at store and forward or web as a way forward - probably S/F willbe the best.
I know there are a number of documents on the KG about this, but take a look at ODS-01-0055 as a start.

I hope this helps

Regards

Peter

Andy & Peter thanks so much for your replies. I'll check these out. If you are aware of anyone using either of these methods, I would love to get in touch with them. If they are open to providing some feedback, if you wouldn't mind forwarding me their contact information, this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Why not use the Sale Force Automation portion of the CRM. It allows them to have a local database on their laptop so they can work on quotes in JDE on a plane or remote office. The next time they connect they synch. and they will not only send the SQ to JDE but they also receive the latest info. (new items, obsolete items, cost, new customer info, etc..)

Regards,

Robby

Back