Preferred method for JDE Interoperability

Maxim Ness

Good day,

I am starting a project where the objective is to manipulate a data in JDE OneWorld XE (and more recent JDE releases) in Inbound Synchronous mode via ASP.NET framework.
During my research on how to use JDE API’s I found a Jdelist thread where it was mentioning that calling API’s is not a best way to implement Interoperability.

My question is: so what is the best recommended method to access and to modify JDE data from outside?

And if you have implemented this before place share some code on how a business function could be called.

Thank you!

You should put your JDE release and other system info in your sig or post as it affects the answer.

In general, if you are on TR8.98 (and maybe even a few lower releases... someone help me out here) Oracle would want you to use Business Services, which is really just web services.

For lower releases, XML call object or XML interop as stated by a previous poster is probably the preferred method.

We were on Xe and used XML Call Object via Java extensively and it worked very well. We are moving to 9.0 and plan to keep using XML Call Object via Java for all our existing stuff, but plan to eventually migrate to business services.

Brian,

Our client is on XE SP23, but all I have so far is OneWorld XE Standalone.

Would it be possible for you to share some code? I am really interested in initialization of connection and BSFN execution.

Albert: thank you, we did the attempt to follow that article but could not connect to JDE. At this point we are not really in the Enterprise environment.

<jdeRequest type='callmethod' user='USER' pwd='PWD' environment='ENV'>

We took the port number from jde.ini file and did an attempt to connect to “localhost”. No go so far.

Maxim,
You cannot use or code XML if you are using demo(and that too XE) You will need actual Enterprise server to try out the connection.

You can refer JDE Interop guide on how to get started. Its better to leverage the existing skills set you have when adopting for Interop so you have less learning curve.

Chan

The interop guide actually has an excellent code example.

We have a whole integration library that uses a lot of other open source libraries for marshaling and demarshaling of XML to Java objects and vice versa, so any example code I would give you would be pretty verbose.

Well, now we have the Enterprise server, but we have no Deployment server.
My question is:
1. is it possible to install the FAT client without a Deployment server;
2. Is it possible to use XML Interoperability without a FAT client.

Thank you

Answer to your questions
1. No you will need Deployment server.
2. Yes you can but you will have to copy all ini and jars files required to connect.

As i said in my previous post. there will be interop guide on your enterprise server or you can get it from install CD too. read it and that should give you pretty good idea of what you will need.

Chan

[ QUOTE ]
Calling business functions using C#:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/84885/jdedwards-xmlinterop

I think that fellow has the goods you're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i have this WebService to Call BSFN from JDE a just have another question:

where can i get the parameters from the BSFN? for example on this call i need to know, that i have to submit the "'mnAddressNumber'". where can i get this parameters dynamically?

Regards

<jdeRequest type='callmethod' user='USER' pwd='PWD' environment='ENV'> <callMethod name='GetEffectiveAddress' app='JdeWebRequest' runOnError='no'> <params> <param name='mnAddressNumber'>10000</param> </params> </callMethod></jdeRequest>

Back