Possible to re-submit a Data Selection job?

BrightStar

In my shop, we often have to re-send EDI 810 Invoices that have failed previously (prior to my tenure here, so I wasn't around to see the original failure messages).

This usually entails creating the data selection, choosing the invoice numbers in question, then sending the output to Proof so that I can review the it. During the review, I usually spot what might have caused the file to fail with my customer the first time. I then have to re-create the Data Selection and omit the offending data (for instance, omit freight charges if they are being sent to a customer who isn't supposed to be charged for it, etc).

The question then - is there a way to re-submit a previously run job without having to re-type all the items in Data Selection? It's easy enough to create this selection when the invoices are in a sequential range, but very often I'm given a list of non-sequential invoices across several dates, which requires me to create a list. No big deal, except that I'm given lists of invoices with 200-300 at a time.

Help?

Gary

Gary,

That would be correct. With EDI, you have the 'Successfully Processed' flag. Could you use that in your process. We use it to control documents that process or not. For example, on the Incoming PO side, we might want to hold some POs, so we set the flag to something other than 'N' after the R47002C pulls in the raw data. When the R47011 runs to create the Sales Orders, it looks for 'N', so it ignores our held orders until we switch them back to 'N'.

I am not clear on your process, so I am assuming the failed invoices are sitting in your system at 'Y'. You might try updating the flag from 'Y' to 'H' (for example) then run your proof and final jobs looking for flag of 'H'.

Jer

Back