Polish special characters store as near English

Joel

Well Known Member
Hello,

We are on 8.12 with SQL server 2008 R2 as the database. We installed Polish language in PY and deployed a full package including Polish language. The task, task views and UBE's get translated however some special characters are being stored as "near English". Our database is Non unicode.

Our collation for business data databases is SQL_SwedishStd_Pref_CP1_CI_AS. Oracle told us it could be a collation issue hence we created a blank database with collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS and copied the data over. Pointed the data source to this new database which did not help.

If I enter these special characters in any system table for example user profile or in central objects i.e. create a version with Polish special characters it saves successfully. The only difference I see between the system, central objects database V/s business data is unicode.

I have also tried entering data directly from SQL management studio however that too gets saved as English.

Any inputs are appreciated !

- Joel

Tested a few more scenerios but cannot come to any conclusion -

1- We created a new database with collation SQL_Polish_Cp1250_CS_AS. We noticed we were able to enter Polish special characters directly from the database but not from the HTML client i.e. if you enter or edit the characters from the front end it will save as English.

2: If the unicode flag is enabled in JDE for a environment, a table like F0101 is generated and data is copied back into the table the Polish special characters are stored in both the database as well as from HTML client

Back