PeopleSoft client - Windows x64

oleg_d

Hi!
I couldn't find information about supporting Windows 64-bit for client installation (or WTS).
Who's using clients on Win64 platform and how is it stable?
Thanks

Hi,

As far as I know, 64 bit clients are not supported.
Maybe I'm wrong...

The fat client is 32 bit. I don't think Vista or other 64 bit OSes are supported.

I am running the EnterpriseOne fat client on my personal Vista Business x64 machine with Tools 8.97.0.3.

I downloaded and installed the x64 version of SQL Server Express 2005 (and management tools) after migrating from MSDE to SSE on the deployment server. Working well for me...but I don't support it for anyone else.

Thanks for information
I'm interesting for only client - admins want to setup one Citrix server (Terminal) under windows 64, so I want to find official requirements for setup E1 client.
How stable will work application when 20-50 users run it.

Thanks

I would not recommend going x64 with your terminal server in production. JDE will not support that architecture.

I am unsure how stable JDE client would be running under an x64 OS - though my guess is that it would be fine. You might need to make some changes.

There is a document entitled "minimum technical requirements" on the Oracle/JDE knowledge garden. You need to abide by that document, otherwise you will be at risk from not being supported.

At the last OpenWorld, I asked Oracle if they would change the name "Minimum Technical Requirements" to something more appropriate. Some folks may be mislead to think that, well, 32-bit is the minimum...so 64-bit should work just fine.
wink.gif

And it shouldn't be "maximum technical requirements" either !!!!!!! I don't think you can buy a Pentium 233 anymore !!!!

However, in the MTR, there are notes that state what IS required - and there are notes that talk about x64.

Back