PC Values not available in Table IO

avjoshi

Hi Listers,

I faced a typical problem few days back. While modifing an existing report in DV, I found that PC values are not available for mapping in Table IO. I had taken a BSVW of F4211. On the Order No., I had taken level break footer. In Do Section of LBF, I wanted to fetch values such as from custom table which was like F4201 (header table). The common fields in F4211 & Custom Table were Order No. / Type / Co. I wanted to fetch Remark field of custom table for the matching record of F4211. When I tried to write Table IO Command and map the PC value of F4211 to fetch the record from custom Table, I could not see any PC Value for mapping. Only BC Values and ER Variables were seen. But when at the same place, I tried to assign ER Variable, I could see BC Values, PC Values, ER Variables and System Variables. I really don't know what was the reason. I had refreshed the specs of V4211A by getting it again on my local machine, I even tried to develop new report assuming that the first object might have corrupted, but nothing helped. Finally, I had given up & modified the report in PY where I could do it easily.
Can anybody tell me what could be the reason? Thanks in advance.

--------------------
OneWorld Xe - B7333 release.

Hi avjoshi,

You attached your release level, but omit your Service Pack level.
As far as I know, PC values are available for Table I/Os starting from SP 23.

I remember, that was hard time on previous SP levels, creating a bunch of variables for F4211, F0911, etc., assignig BC values to them one by one, just because PC-s were not available.

If you can, update your SP level or go onto an other client, wich is on SP23.

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks Zoltan...

Sorry I missed out the Service Pack. Yes, it is SP23.
Infact, on the same machine, when I saw other reports, the PC values were available. But for the particular report, I faced this problem. I think there was a problem with the specs of BSVW I was using. I made another BSVW same as the earlier one & used that in my report. Now it is working fine.

Thanks again.

avjoshi

Back