Payroll Trouble: FY= 0 & T3 Entries Not Posted

BrandonJ

Hi List,

Before I begin, I'd like to highlight that I am by no means a Payroll expert and I've not had much interaction with the module, but due to lack of resources I was asked to try and help with these situations:

1. Some T3 payroll entries appear in Fiscal Year 0 while reviewing the Journal proof/edit report (and accordingly an error of a blank account number appears). I had a look at the time card entries and AAI's but everything seems to be in order. What is worth mentioning is that this happens for a specific Benefit across all business units. I reviewed everything related to that Benefit and it seems to be set up correctly (many other benefits are set up the same way and are behaving normally). If anyone was faced with such situation a pointer in the right investigation direction will be highly appreciated.

2. As the subject states, T3 entries are not being posted to GL during final update. The entries are there during the JE proof generation stage but they never make it to GL. Again I reveiwed the AAI's & burden rules for the company and BU's but everything seems to be ok. A pointer here will also be much valued.

Sorry for the double trouble but the two subjects seemed highly related.

We are on 8.11 SP1.

Thanks a lot,

Brandon

Issue 1: Normally when a batch is created and the Fiscal year is zero that means that the business unit/object/subsidiary combination does not exist under the company on the chart of accounts that it is trying to post too. Most clients post to the home company of the employee, there can be exceptions to that depending on system setup, but start there, burden follows labor so where ever the labor is posting check to ensure that the home company contains the correct business unit, objec and/or subsidiary setup on the chart of accounts.

Issue 2: Have you check to ensure that you also have T2's posting to the GL and those are not missing as well as the T3's? This is a somewhat known issue in E1, if the system is not allowed to finish all the jobs when a reset of payroll occurs the GL batch number does not clear from the timecards and when the journals are rerun, the batch contains everything, but T2 and T3 because they are still locked to the old batch number. To verify this is what is happening with you, when it occurs again, go to the F06116 and after you have reset journals/or payroll, check that the GL Date and the GL Batch Number (GICU) are clear in the file. If they still contain the number of the journal batch you were reseting you need to sql clear those two fields and then they will pull into the journal batch the next time your create the journal entries.

If you truly are only not posting T3's, check your temporary journal tables and look to see if the T3 batch number matches the journal batch for all other document types. Again, that could be an issue with the journal temporary tables not clearing and therefore not creating the T3's. If the number is indeed different, reset the journals and sql clear the tables and try again.

Hope this provides your direction.

Thanks a lot paypal. I will check the above and get back to you with an update.

Hello again paypal & list,

Regarding issue 1, I checked all the possible combinations for the BU/Object/Sub in the AAI's and Chart of Accounts, yet nothing seems to be wrong in either. I will repeat that this behavior happens around a specific DBA, and there are other DBA's that are set up exactly the same and are behaving normally. The only difference I can notice is that the "Calculate if No Gross" flag is set to YES for the problematic DBA while the same is set to NO for all others.

Issue 2: T2's are definitely making the transition to GL, and the F06116 has the new batch number after performing the reset.
Regarding the final check you suggest, I assuem you are referring to F05290. I checked that and T3's have the new batch number in there.
I tried to mine some facts out of the users and apparently this only happens when they perform a payroll reset due to some mistakes in calculations/JE creation. If they process the payroll without the need to reset, T3's get posted normally.

Thanks again paypal and I am still hoping for further feedback on this matter (starting to pull my hair out
frown.gif
)

Hi List,

I'm sorry to follow up so soon but I am in a desperate situation here.. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

Back