Payment Instrument not Defaulting from Vendor Master

ricky

Hi,
My understanding is that the payment instrument field on an AP record (PV) defaults from the vendor master data. However, we sometimes come across different PVs, for the same vendor, most of which have the "right" payment instrument defauted from vendor mast ,BUT a few with a wrong PI, probably JDE got the Payment instrument from the previous records while looping in the batch, but I can not prove this guess so far.
Any idea on what could cause this? I check through the posts on the list and find some simular post and thinking that maybe it is kind of JDE Bug..
1) I can not duplicate the issue yet.because there in 1 in 500 vouchers run into this issue.
2) I am 100% sure that no user change that field when they doing the voucher match.
3) we are using this SQL to check the issue:
SELECT RPAN8 as "Supplier", RPDOC as "Voucher Number", RPDCT as "Doc Type", RPPST as "Pay Status", RPAG / 100 as "Gross Amount", RPAAP / 100 as "Open Amount", RPPYIN as "F0411 Pay Inst", A6PYIN as "F0401 PYIN",RPTORG as "Originator", RPUSER as "Last User", RPPID as "Program", TO_CHAR( TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(1900000+RPUPMJ), 'YYYYDDD'),'MM/DD/YYYY') as "Date", RPJOBN as "Computer"
FROM PRODDTA.F0401, PRODDTA.F0411 WHERE A6AN8 = RPPYE
AND RPAAP <> 0 AND A6PYIN <>RPPYIN;
4)We are in ERP8.0

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

We had this problem too.

In some cases, we couldn't figure out why it was happening nor reproduce it.

In other cases, it was simply because we would process a group of vouchers while the payment instrument was set at one value in the supplier master, then change the supplier master, and process the next group of vouchers at the new default payment instrument ........ and for whatever reason, never "speed status change" the first group.

To solve both cases (ie. bugs and "working as designed"), we wrote a little interactive program (about a dozen lines of ER), which is now part of our payment process. We run it prior to creating payment control groups or writing a manual payment. It prompts for a (supplier) payment instrument type and displays all voucher transactions where the supplier default does not equal this value. Drilling down allows the payment instrument of the voucher to be changed. This process is repeated until no voucher transactions are left in the list, and all payment instruments have been checked.

If this is the way you want to go, then I can post more details if you wish.

thanks for the instruction, now I can duplicate the issue.
Here are the steps:
1st do an add on Standard Voucher (P0411) for a vendor that has PYIN of 'A', go to RECEIPT to MATCH screen but do a CANCEL .Back to Voucher Match.
2nd change the Order Number to vendor that has a PYIN of 'C' and go to RECEIPT to MATCH screen and this time hit OKAY. the voucher had a PYIN=A !! it should be C.

According to the logic, there is a CACHE problem and the system is saving the previous vendor's data.
I check the ER and find the bug in P4314 is that it use a global variable,with blank initial value, then to store the PYIN when call the F4314BeginDoc BSFN,
but there is no place to refresh its value when change Ven# or PO#.
now I had made the change to refresh it to blank. testing in DV lookes good.

hope this help you nexttime you run into the same issue. have a great day.

Back