Pay Status Invalid on a $0 PO in AP Vouchering

newbieJDE2

I have unsuccessfully tried finding answers before I posted this. Thanks!

Scenario: users key direct ship orders (SD Line Type D and OD Line Type D). When keying the SD, they charge the customer 1 each at $5 = $5. And the cost (keyed on the SD) is 1 each at $0 = $0; $0 is the OD cost. When users pay that vendor by Voucher Matching on the AP Vouchering screen (P4314) they get a form level error on the $0 ODs. CAUSE: The entered pay status is invalid. Pay Status ‘P’ cannot be entered unless the Open Amount is zero. Pay Status ‘#’ is reserved for …….

I am assuming that the voucher match screen is trying to change the purchase order’s pay status in F43121 to P and running into an error with the zero (or null) cost?

What are the system or user process options?

I received the work-around detailed below from a business user. This enables users to proceed.

When voucher-matching, users first select any purchase orders with dollars in the AP Vouchering – Select Receipts to Match screen. They then return to this screen a second time and select any zero dollar purchase orders. The po’s with dollars have an “A” in Pay Status (PST) in F43121; the po’s with zero dollars have a “P”.

Thanks to anyone that read. I am no longer looking for a solution/answer.

Back