E9.0 Passing runtime selection down to a second UBE section with a different BSVW

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

I have a request to clear data from SOs (F4211 and F42119) based on AN8 SHAN and DCTOs for GDPR purposes.

I have a tricky one in that I have a UBE reading over F4211 and then F42119 in 2 separate UBE sections, the reason is as follows
I was using a union join over ONE section up until a request came in to also filter by MLNM on F4006, so the union join would no longer work. :(

So I had to create 2 sections with 2 different BSVWs A = F4211 + F4006 (V554211E) and B = F42119 + F4006 (V554211B)

Issue I now have is system function Use Data/Selection From another Section will not work as the views are not the SAME view.
I was going to use a workfile to store hit AN8 SHAN and DCTOs and pass this down into section B, but was if section never hit a certain AN8, I would skip this in section B

So does anyone know a way of getting runtime data selection from the F4211 section down into the F42119 section

Or....does someone know a way to get a union join on F4211 and F42119 to also select data off of F4006

Thanks

John :)

One way is a DB SQL View, what I call a Virtual Table or V-Table (VTable). You create a DB SQL view and name it like a JDE table object, and then create a JDE Table with the same name and with the same structure as the DB SQL view recordset. You can then use this JDE table object as if the underlying recordset was a concrete table in the DB. There are a lot of posts on jdelist about this if you want more info. One of the "reusable" V-Tables we have is FV564212 (we use the prefix "FV" to denote virtual tables) which is simply a union between F4211/F42119. This table can then be joined with other tables (in your case F4006) in a JDE BSVW, although you may find performance is better if you do the join to F4006 in your DB SQL view instead - unions are notorious for creating SQL performance issues and often you can address these performance issues easier with hand coded SQL than with the SQL generated by JDE.

Edit:
I guess I should have noted. This is not a solution to your original question - how to copy data selection to another UBE section. Rather this is a possible solution to the problem you are trying to solve.

.... One of the "reusable" V-Tables we have is FV564212 (we use the prefix "FV" to denote virtual tables) which is simply a union between F4211/F42119. This table can then be joined with other tables (in your case F4006) in a JDE BSVW,......

You cleaver little **~@ :)
That'll work.

If I do this then I don't need the passing data selection part as I now wouldn't need to. I like this idea a lot.

I'm familiar with this idea to as it's just like a dropped view to do a SUM statement or exactly the same as what we do to point to external database tables. Nice Brian, thanks :)

Back