Package Build Problem

kylepyro

HI All - I'm having a problem with a package build. This package contains 2 custom tables, 2 custom views and 1 custom application. We've tested the application on a development work station and everything looks fine. All objects have been checked back in. I've promoted the project to PY and built a package for the DV and PY environments. I've installed both DV and PY packages on my fat client.

When I run the application the form title says 'Default FDA' and the text overrides for the edit controls are missing. The application does run and update the tables correctly. If I get the specs in OMW then the missing text appears for that client.

I've check the package build logs and I don't see anything unusual. I've resubmitted the build several times. Each time it appears to build normally. Central Objects does seem to contain the right stuff since I can fix the problem thru OMW and have verified this on several fat clients. I've tried deleting ddict, ddtext, glbtbl files, though I suspect that my missing text is in fdatext - a non-deletable file. This has had no effect. The problem exists in more than one environment, so it doesn't seem to be environment specific.

KG and this list don't seem to have any similiar problems listed.

What am I missing here?????

XE, SP15.1, AS400, V4M5R0

Hi Kyle,

Let me some question.

1.) Do you use any other Language Preference settings in User Profiles different from Blank (Domestic Language)?

2.) Have you checked the Vocabulary Overrides as well for Blank (Domestic Language) language code as well for your used language code if you use any? Please, tell us what you experienced.

3.) Have you developed the APPL using Blank (Domestic Language) Language Preference setting in the User Profile or with something else language setting?

Read You Later,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Zoltan - you win the prize... The beer is on me next time your in Tacoma, WA.

Answers to your questions are 1) no 2) don't even know how to do that (we're new at this) and 3) no.

What I DID do was change the package build language from default to english. (Our written instructions say to do this so I've changed them.) I rebuilt the package with the default language and the problem goes away.

THANKS!!!

Kyle
TNT Fireworks

XE, SP15.1, AS400, V4M5R0

Hi Kyle,

Really great to hear that your issue had been resolved and a beer waits for me when I will be first (not next :) time in Tacoma, WA.
You also deserve one(?) beer because you was enough clever to figure out the Language issue for Package Build after you have read my reply, although my primary suspection was not that. Great and Congratulation!

About Vocabulary Overrides: Press the Design button on the middle bar from OW after you selected your APPL under the project. Go to the Design TAB, there you will find it the start button of it on the upper-right corner. Check the "Vocabulary Overrides" chapter in your System Administration documentation for further details.

Zoltán
P.S.: Keep the beer cold!

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back