E9.2 Package build during 64 bit upgrade

bluelake

Hi,

We are on JDE 9.2.4 already and plan to upgrade 32 bit to 64 bit. If we upgrade deployment server and DV patch code to 64 bit, while PY/PD still remains 32 bit, can we still build 32-bit update/full package for PY/PD?

Thanks
Bluelake

Yes, just backup the existing foundation when you push the 64 bit tools, and then select it during your build (or, you an put an alt foundation in place for your 64 bit on the dep server and leave it 32 bit until you're ready to cutover, then you select that one during the build.) Either works.

Yep, ORACLE recommends to keep your deployment server multi-foundation until you go 100% 64-bit

Yes, just backup the existing foundation when you push the 64 bit tools, and then select it during your build (or, you an put an alt foundation in place for your 64 bit on the dep server and leave it 32 bit until you're ready to cutover, then you select that one during the build.) Either works.
Thanks for your response. I try to understand your two options. Option 1: backup existing foundation(32 bit), then setup 64bit as default. when I build 32 bit package, select the backup foundation. Option 2: setup 64 bit as new foundation while default is still 32, when I build 32 bit package, I just use default foundation. Am I correct?

Since you're on 9.2.4, you can finagle it both ways - but the first option should be the easiest for you.

When you deploy the Dep Server component via Server Manager, chose Component change and backup current system for multi-foundation. This will take your old system folders and slap them under a new foundation(tools name) directory on your dep server and add a foundation that you should be able to select during the package build process.

When you build for your new tools, choose default foundation.
When you build for your old tool set, click the foundation button in your package build and choose the "saved" foundation with the old name and bitness.

If you replaced your tools on the Dep Server without backing up, you can always just deploy the old foundation component with the correct bitness to the deployment server using the Component download for multi-foundation only option from Server Manager.

option 1 is good to us. 32-bit will be gone anyway. It is not an issue to us if we choose 32 bit foundation manually in package build. Thx.

Back