E9.2 P98ORCH / B98ORCH run locally on Web Dev Client

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Can you run P98ORCH / B98ORCH locally on Web Dev Client? I can run on the JAS (JTS920) server but when I try and run locally (TS920) from my Web Dev Client (with same JDE credentials) I am getting this error back:

{"message":"AIS Login Failure","submitted":false}

Is this just a configuration thing?

Hi Boster,

You need to set this information in the fat client jde.ini

[FORMSERVICE]
AISHost=<AIS_Server>
AISMaxConcurrentCalls=5
AISPort=<AIS_POrt>
AISProtocol=http

And of course have an AIS Server running.

Dave

Just a little more info (can we not edit original posts in this forum?).

This isn't making sense to me.

When I log in on a JAS server which is the JDV920 environment I can call an orchestration successfully using P98ORCH.

Using the same credentials, when I log in locally on a Web Dev Client to the DV920 environment and try and call the same Orchestration using P98ORCH I get the AIS Login Failure shown above.

Further more, (and this doesn't make any sense) if I log in to the JDV920 environment on my local Web Dev Client so that all BSFNs including B98ORCH are running on the Logic Server, i.e. the BSFNs are running the same place as when logged into JAS/JDV920 I still get the error.

Brian, did you add the FORMSERVICE information to the fatclient jas.ini as well? We had the same issue as you are describing until we made sure we had it specified in both the jde.ini and jas.ini for the affected fatclients.

Brian, did you add the FORMSERVICE information to the fatclient jas.ini as well? We had the same issue as you are describing until we made sure we had it specified in both the jde.ini and jas.ini for the affected fatclients.
Just a follow up. Got it working locally using the jde.ini settings shown above. Couple of additional notes. If you are using https instead of http as shown above (as we are) you may need to add the AIS server's certificate to \E920\System\bin32\cacert.pem as well as the trust store used by your local web dev JAS app server if you are using a self-signed cert. You can get away with just adding to \bin32\cacert.pem if you edit the file \E920\system\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\classes\LocalLogicCatalog.xml and comment out the following entry like shown below:

Code:
<!--
    <business-logic
        module="B98ORCH"
        function="CallOrchestrationNotification"
        run-local="true"/>
-->

This will disable the Java implementation of CallOrchestrationNotification.

Note that if you do this hack CallOrchestrationNotification will always use the C implementation of the BSFN even when called from ER code in an APPL which will differ slightly from how it is ran on the actual JAS server which will call the in-lined Java implementation of CallOrchestrationNotification. But for Local Web Dev testing this is probably fine and negates the hassle of having to import certs into the app server trust store.

Hi, I had the same issue running B98ORCH on local web client. I did added the above setup in JDE.ini and JAS.ini and still got the below error :
AIS Proxy Caller - AIS Login Failure java.lang.Exception: { "message" : "Authorization Failure: The list of Environments and Roles was returned unexpectedly.", "exception" : "E1LoginException", "timeStamp" : "2022-01-14T14:56:03.357-0500","deprecated":true }
- [RUNTIME] Orchestration Manager - AIS Login Failure
Can anyone help me on this ?

I bet you are getting that error when you are launching the local web under DV920. You would need to make sure you are logging into JDV920 instead of DV920 on local web. Override the environment when ogging into local web. The explanation of why you need to log in to JDV920 is given in the document below on MOS.

AIS How To Connect AIS Server From a Local WebDev Client (Doc ID 2515375.1)

Hope this helps.

----------------------

Excerpts from the Doc id:

AIS is pointing to the HTML server. So the direction is like this: Webdev-->:AIS-->JAS. Since JAS doesn't allow you to login to DV920 environment, it is not possible.

If you want everything local, then you must have a dedicated AIS server for the fat client.

Configure your AIS server to point to your developer's fat client machine (http://localhost(machinename):9200), then it allows you to login to DV920.

I bet you are getting that error when you are launching the local web under DV920. You would need to make sure you are logging into JDV920 instead of DV920 on local web. Override the environment when ogging into local web. The explanation of why you need to log in to JDV920 is given in the document below on MOS.

AIS How To Connect AIS Server From a Local WebDev Client (Doc ID 2515375.1)

Hope this helps.

----------------------

Excerpts from the Doc id:

AIS is pointing to the HTML server. So the direction is like this: Webdev-->:AIS-->JAS. Since JAS doesn't allow you to login to DV920 environment, it is not possible.

If you want everything local, then you must have a dedicated AIS server for the fat client.

Configure your AIS server to point to your developer's fat client machine (http://localhost(machinename):9200), then it allows you to login to DV920.
Thanks for your reply. I will check this out.

Any info on the position of these entries should be added in JDE.ini and JAS.ini files or it can be added any where in these files to work this on the the local dev machine. pl. suggest

Back