P512000 Balances Inconsistent with the Drill Down Detail

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

The Job Status Inquiry User Defined Columns (P512000) is reporting balances which are inconsistent with the drill down detail. The problem is being caused by "missing" rows from the F0902 for the fiscal year being inquired upon. When the Annual Close (R098201) is run it does not create rows in the F0902 for the new year for every account. Therefore if there is no activity for an account for a year, the row in the F0902 is not created.

I have searched JDEList and the Oracle knowledge jungle without success. I may have missed something though.

Has anyone experienced this or has a fix for it?

I have a couple of ideas for a fix. One involves a modification to P512000 and the other involves a custom UBE to be run at year end. I don't want to modify a standard object and I don't want to add another task to the year-end processes. But I may have no choice but to do one of these
frown.gif

Any and all comments welcome
smile.gif

Peter,
I haven't had the exact error you are describing, but I know when you are using Job Cost the processing options for the R098201 have to be set a specific way. On the Profit/Loss tab, use a 1 to create zero balance Profit/Loss records and make the Orig Budget tab option blank.

You should be able to change these options and run the R098201 again to recreate what might be missing.

Let me know what happens,
Matt

Matthew,

Thanks for the information, your reply is appreciated. The problem we face is that we do not wish to create all the P/L records, just a relatively small subset of them. I could not see any way of limiting the R098201 to just the zero balance records we need.

Peter,
I understand your dilemna. It is not advisable to limit the R098201 to certain accounts, since it does more than just create the next year's F0902 records. I can't think of another solution other than your idea to run a custom UBE to build the 0902 records needed.

Let me know what you decide to do, I'm intrigued.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the confirmation of my take on this situation. I'll give the option between the custom UBE, a custom version of the P512000 (I think that will work) or modfying the standard P512000, to our Finance Division and see what they have to say.

Thanks again for you comments they have been of assistance.

Back