P4021 Quantity On Hand

sselman

Well Known Member
I have an issue with the Supply and Demand application.

I show 40 cases of product transfered to a "freezer" location within branch 123 from location "qa" winthin branch 123.

A few days later (after a month end), the 40 cases are transfered back to the "freezer" location.

1. The Cardex (F4111) shows the qty in the freezer.
2. Item Availability shows qty in the freezer and 0 in the qa location.
3. Supply and Demand (P4021) shows 40 cases of supply, 0 cases demand in the freezer with quantity on hand of 40. 0 cases of supply, 0 cases demand in qa with quantity on hand of 40???

How do I fix this and how is P4021 coming up with that number?

Thanks

Sean,

Sounds strange - suggest you attach some screen prints to match your comments to this post to help clear this up.

Cheers

Cardex Attached.

I was told the location was QA. It appears to be titled "HOLD".

Attachments

• 111198-Cardex2.jpg
    111198-Cardex2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 120
the item avail screen.

Attachments

• 111199-itemavail.jpg
    111199-itemavail.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 118
supply and demand.

Attachments

• 111200-p4021.jpg
    111200-p4021.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 123
Maybe I'm being obtuse today (wouldn't be the first time), but I'm not seeing the issue. The Cardex shows the material going from Freezer to Hold location in July, then back to the Freezer in August. Subsequent RI shipments decremented the Freezer quantity by 2 units, leaving Item Availability to show 40 in the Freezer, as does Supply/Demand.

But now that I take another look at your original post, I believe you are misinterpreting the Supply/Demand screen. The Quantity Available is nothing more that a calculated running total as it displays each row. So it displays the Hold location with 0 supply, and it correctly doesn't increase the running "Quantity Available". If there was 1 unit in the Hold location, the Quantity Available displayed on that row would be 41 (the previous row's 40 plus the 1 on hold).

Maybe I was mislead myself then. Being IT and not from the business side, I was told there should be 0 in the hold location on P4021.

If the quantity on hand is a "running total", then maybe there really isn't a problem with JDE, just a user training problem.

Back