P3111/P42053 Allocations

tmackin

Reputable Poster
My users are complaining about the process to allocate inventory to a work order. They use the following process:
P48013, w48013j

Find the work order.
Highlight the line.
in row exit click part list.
Now you will be in p3111, w3111a
highlight the line that is to be allocated.
in row exit click on multi-location.
Now your in p42053, w42053b

The problem is that rows upon rows of "zero" avalable lots are displayed in the grid. I looked at P42053 and found in Control: Form, Event:Grid Record fetched, code that should suppress grid line if available is zero, ccheckAvailableFlag(F4102) =Y, and FI Availability CheckFlag =1. The callinfg program, P3111, forces a blank in FI parm so I assume the program will never suppress grid line!!

Has anyone tackled this problem? I am a newby to JDE code and maybe I don't understand the logic!

TIA, I can email E/R listings if anyone is interest.

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3

Hi Tim

I had a very quick look at the code and did not validate the FI values. But nevertheless I can see nothing wrong with your assessment, which means lots/locations with zero availability will be shown.

A small modification eg only test for GC qty available in the if-statement would do the trick, but this means zero available lines will never be shown! Just a word of warning here; P42053 is also called at Ship confirm (to ship multiple lots from multiple locations) AND in PO Receipting (to receive in multiple locations). Any mod you may make will affect these processes as well.

Good luck,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

Sef, my thoughts exactly but I have a concern about the line of code after
Suppress Grid Line, Stop Processing. What is the effect of this code? Does
the program stop or does it loop back to read another lot/location record?
TIA

OFS Fitel, LLC

Sef, getting nowhere with JDE, they tell me the program works as designed, even though the design is blatently wrong!

I understand your suggestion but what does the line, Stop Processing, after the Suppress Grid Line mean? Does the program stop or does it loop back to read another record from the F41021? TIA

OFS Fitel, LLC

Hi Tim

According to JDE on line help, 'Stop Processing' means:

"Immediately stops the processing for the remaining ER for that particular event."

This means that the remaining code for this record in the 'Grid Record is Fetched' Event is not executed (thus saving a bit of time and resource). The next fetch will still be executed.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Back