P09216 Export to Excel formatting

nestava

I am having a problem whereas some users export to excel and the excerpt exported is formatted differently when finished. Has anybody encountered this situation?

Thanks

If you are discussing zero suppression, # of decimals, and that numeric text values get converted to numeric, it's controlled by excel.
You may be "somewhat out of luck".

If you are discussing something else, please clarify.

PS - it's GOOD to include your JDE release level, toolset, operating system, etc. in your signature.
Sometimes the issue encountered is dependent upon these.

P09216 Export to Excel Formatting

If you are discussing zero suppression, # of decimals, and that numeric text values get converted to numeric, it's controlled by excel.
You may be "somewhat out of luck".

If you are discussing something else, please clarify.

PS - it's GOOD to include your JDE release level, toolset, operating system, etc. in your signature.
Sometimes the issue encountered is dependent upon these.

Thanks Frosty,

I am on 9.0 and Tools Release 8.98.4.14 JD Edwards Enterprise One. Just upgraded from Tools Release 8.98.4.6. My apologies for the omission.

I am not completely sure that it is Excel, given that two different users get two different results. Yes, the resulting export is in Excel 2010 (Same version for both users) but one user is getting the account number column with the format ( 105000.123323) -> with 13 spaces in front of the first number and the other is getting the export with the same field as (105000.123323) No spaces in front. They both get exported as Text files.

I wonder is why two users have different results..

Thanks

Nestava,

The Excel Export is really just a CSV (right??).

Have the different users save their CSV, then compare them - using a tool like Beyond Compare (ScooterSoftware). That would tell you if it is an E1 problem.

I think 'most of us' would like to know how to get Excel to honor any preceding spaces (like MCU).

(db)

Thanks DBohner,

I am guessing it is a .csv, it does it through the export add-in functionality. I will try your suggestion.
Thanks

Back