P0101SL Alpha name search issue

ksm

Does anyone know why P0101SL acts differently than P01012 when doing searches in the FC Name ALPHA, or if you do a find using QBE column ALPH? One likes uppercase while the other does not?

Thanks in advance,
KSM

JDE 9.1 db2.

See Document ID [1510896.1] in Oracle Support.

Searching for Address Book records using the Alpha Name field at the top of the Address Book Master form (P01012) provides different results than using the application’s QBE (Query By Example) line.

Right, i understand that, thanks for the oracle doc, good to know what UDC values are needed and what they are doing.... but my question is why does QBE for ALPH in P0101SL behave differently than the QBE for ALPH in P01012? In P01012 ALPH QBE i can use both upper and lower case letters, but not in P0101SL?

I'm pretty sure the search in P0101SL is actually using the Compressed Description column (DC in F0101). What is typed in the Alpha Name filter is run through the compress string BSFN which converts everything to upper case.

Craig

Ok, finally got it to work. Two problems, UDC H95/SC had a special handling code of '3' (and should be blank) for domestic language of the user profile (in my case 'en'), also for the UDC 01/LP, we needed to include the special character '%'. For some reason when I used an asterisk (like KS*) in the ALPH QBE search, the B0100009 bsfn converts the asterisk to a '%', and this char was not included in the 01/LP. Not sure why the BSFN is sensitive to H95/SC special handling code. Anyhoo, it's working now. Thanks for your suggestions, hope I can help you all in the near future.

Back