P00PURGE and F43121

ssolberg

VIP Member
I've had a request to do some purging of PO info so I did some checking and I'm a bit stumped on something. I'm well versed in P00PURGE use for purging of individual files as well as many other purges that are more custom by "application". It appears P00PURGE is used to purge PO Detail (F4311), which is fine and I understand the criteria to do so, and it also appears there is a special purge for the Header (F4301) that checks to make sure there is no Detail or Receiver (F43121) records present before it purges the Header record.

It appears P00PURGE is used for the F43121 but I'm unclear how I can get the Data Selection criteria correct so that I don't accidently purge some receiver record that is still "open". It seems like you would have to know if an open Detail record was still present before you would want to delete the Receiver record and I can't do that with P00PURGE.

I'm probably just missing something here. Can anyone enlighten me if they have been down this road before. Feel free to contact me offline if needed.

Sannan,

Ha. You would think. You are not missing anything. Welcome to
the wonderful world of JDE design. They have done an atrocious job, in
my opinion, with the purchase order purge process. JDE uses the
P00PURGE for F4311, F43121, and F43199 files. Yes, the problem with
that approach is that you can delete a record in the F4311 file that
still has an unmatched balance in the F43121 match type 1 detail. Which
means you can no longer pull up that open receipt to voucher match it.
You would need to come up with your own program to purge F4311 that
would purge only if no open balances in the F43121 match type 1 records
(or maybe no F43121 records at all?). In my mind you are okay with
purging older match type 1 records with 0 open amount. Match type 2
records by inherent definition have no open amount, so you probably want
to purge after x number of years. Match type 3 and match type 4 could
also be purged after x number of years.

John Dickey
Financial Systems Administrator
White-Rodgers, division of Emerson Electric
8100 West Florissant Ave.
P.O. Box 36922
St. Louis, MO 63136-9022
314-553-3067
[email protected]

I know exactly your dilemma. John is correct. There is no easy JDE way of handling this. But you don't need to come up with your own product. There is a product that addresses this exact requirement. It is called Optim. Call me if this is something you are interested in and I would be happy give you their contact information.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Yniguez
ISP3 USA, Inc.
Cell: 630-235-4717

Back