Override Edit Rules

Mike Mackinnon

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
Has anyone had any problems trying to override an edit rule for a data dictionary item when modifying an application. I am trying to allow entry of Y, N or A in field but it is not allowing me to enter the "A" for some reason (Iused to have it set at Y/N but had to change this). Thanks!

Mike MacKinnon
- One World B733, SP 11.3
- One World Xe B7333, SP 13 Windows NT

Mike,
Do you want it to do on a Form of an Interactive Application (APPL)?
Would you tell us the ALIAS of the Data Item and how have you tried to override the Edit Rule of it?
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

I guess I should've followed up on that question. I spoke with JD Edwards and explained my problem to them. They analyzed the problem and SAR# 5016116 has been entered for this issue.

What I did to work around the problem was to create a new UDC code then use this UDC in the override section for the field in the application. (I suppose this allows for more freedom in case new values can be entered to this field; application(s) does not need to be changed only UDC.)

I was working with a custom application (form design aid) and the field I was using was critical work center (CRTW).

Process:
1. On the field properties I selected "Overrides...".
2. In the Overrides section I selected "Edit Rule".
3. In Edit Rule I entered VALUE in the first field and Y,N,A (as well as several other combinations - no luck).
4. Click "OK".

If you think of anything let me know. I'm still interested. :)
Thanks Zoltan.

Mike MacKinnon
- One World B733, SP 11.3
- One World Xe B7333, SP 13 Windows NT

Back