Order Quantity changing in SOE with TR 8.97.2.1

mkellow

Hi,

We have just upgraded our EnterpriseOne 8.11 tools from 8.95 to 8.97.2.1. Our Order Entry users have discovered an issue during order entry that did not exist with the old tools release.

When entering Sales Order lines into Sales Order Entry, the user types an item number into the grid, then tabs to the quantity field where they enter a quantity. They then press enter twice to move to the next row in the grid. At this point, the row is validated.

When the user performs these actions 'slowly', everything is fine.

However, when the user increases their data entry speed, after the user moves out of the row to the next row, and validation of the row begins, we observe that the system changes the item quantity on the row (!).

Often if the order quantity is a single digit (eg 8), we see the quantity field blank out, then go back to a value of '1'. If the quantity is say a two digit number (eg 15), we see the value revert back to 5.

We have turned off Type-ahead under the tools menu and have unchecked the in-line auto-complete options in the browser.

We have tested this with both IE6 and IE7. The problem exists in both browsers, with IE6 being a little better (ie the problem does not happen quite so often).

We have tried different client workstation configurations, and different user sign-ons without success.

There are no errors in the JAS logs attributed to the user(s) seeing the problem.

Can you please advise what is causing this and what we can do to correct the problem.

mkellow,

Like yourself we are in the process (testing phase) of upgrading our EnterpriseOne 8.11 tools from 8.96.C1 to 8.97.2.1. We do not use the order entry, however I do remember being shown a known problem relating to order entry by the consultant doing our upgrade. It didn't effect us and so I didn't take much notice of it. But it would seem that you are experiencing it. The information I was shown was from the Oracle - Peoplesoft site. I can't remember if it was a solution or a SAR. You will have to search the site yourself - sorry about that.

I shudder everytime I have to search the Oracle - Peoplesoft site, and in a recent feedback survey, I expressed my dissatisfaction. I was surprised when I got a response from Oracle. In part, the response was as follows:

[ QUOTE ]
You are not the only users who showed concern about the legacy-peoplesoft support website. Your comments are very creatively put
smile.gif

Pls be assured that Oracle recognizes the shortcoming and is in the midst of revamping the knowledge base and all support tools. You will receive more information of this in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting what information I will receive in the "near future", but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for this . I will have another search. I would wonder if any one out there in the community knows of the issue or has a solution or SAR number that i could look for.

Thanks
Matthew

Matthew,

Well colour me embarrassed!
blush.gif
My mistake. I spoke to our consultant and he said that the known problem he showed me was actually your problem and not a known problem at all!

Hi Matthew and Peter,

I don't know whether this issue is still appearing in your organizations, but maybe good to know that a SAR was released for TR8.97 (SAR 8896930) and TR8.98 (SAR 8915951)

However, we are migrating this weekend from 8.10 (fatclient) to 8.12 TR 8.98.0.5 and we experience a same kind of problem but only on IE7, and in other programs as P4210 as well (fi P4310)

Could you let me know whether you have installed the version of the Tools Release containing the above mentioned SAR and whether the problem is solved for you, or that you are still experiencing this? And on with IE version you are?

Thanks a lot

Jessica

Hi Matthew and Peter,

For your information. Oracle was able to replicate this issue and now SAR 8935744 has been created
I don't know whether the solution should be made together with MicroSoft, but at least the problem is now a known issue and they are working on it.
laugh.gif

BR
Jessica

Back