E9.2 Orchestrator Recursive call

priya_jde

Hi

I have an orchestrator which needs to call itself by passing the next token received from third party.
We are not doing 'Iterate-Over' as these keys are fetched run time and NOT stored in database.
So basically, in the first call of the orchestrator, the key is passed as blank, and then it internally calls itself by passing key value populated. While this works in design and also tests successfully in studio, when we try to approve/share in P98220U, it hangs. After some time, the object is still at Pending for approval Status.
if I remove this recursive call, I can approve/share without any issues.
Has anyone done recursive call?

Thanks
Priya

Yes I ran into the same thing.

Rather than make the recursive call an Orchestration object type, change it into a AIS REST call. It works almost exactly the same, but parses properly in P98220U and also imports/exports properly from/to zip.

Hope that's helpful!

Here's a screenshot of one I'm doing. I believe I've blurred out any proprietary info. This assumes you have Local AIS call setup properly. Pathing is v3/orchestrator/<<orch name>>

Parameters should match your Orchestration input parameters exactly. In my experience it was easiest to copy & past orch input param names into Key column, and then just do the same for Value but wrap those in the ${ } characters. That should then map very nicely on the Transformations of your Connector call within your orchestration.

Hope that helps!

1665424636031.png

Back