E9.2 Orchestrator not creating work order (P48013)

Adam (DF)

Adam (DF)

For P48013, I have used the process recorder to create a form request that creates a work order. From this request, I have created an orchestration and run it. Due to our older tools release, we are unable to debug orchestrations in our studio, but I have added some returned some values to try to diagnose what I am finding.

The form request goes through all of the normal validation steps. That is, if I pass in invalid data (e.g. item number), error messages are returned.
If I take out the o.k. button press at the end, the return values are all exactly what I would expect to be there - before the WO is created and the form is cleared.
If I put back in the o.k. button press at the end, the return values are all empty, exactly like I would expect - after the WO is created and the form is cleared.
All except, however, the "Previous WO Number" field, which also returns 0. It seems that this is because the work order is never actually created.

It seems like I must be doing something slightly wrong, but can't figure out what that could be.

1. Is there something that needs to change to make it actually create the work order?
2. Is there another form of troubleshooting that I don't know about?

Adam

Attachments

• 2020-12-10_7-38-51.jpg
    2020-12-10_7-38-51.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 2020-12-10_7-39-04.jpg
    2020-12-10_7-39-04.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 2020-12-10_7-40-44.jpg
    2020-12-10_7-40-44.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 55
Hello Adam
Looking at your orch I see there's only one Form, the Details one. I don't think it can begin on this form. There's an Add action missing.
When you used the Process Recorder, it should have told you to begin at the first Form which is (W48013J in this case) ?

Hello Adam
Looking at your orch I see there's only one Form, the Details one. I don't think it can begin on this form. There's an Add action missing.
When you used the Process Recorder, it should have told you to begin at the first Form which is (W48013J in this case) ?
I did do that, but I removed that one as part of my troubleshooting. I receive the same results with the add button, but I have added that part back in.

Attachments

• 2020-12-10_13-32-25.jpg
    2020-12-10_13-32-25.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
When doing recordings, you need to start recording, then run the program and go through the actions all the way through exiting the program when you are done. You don't always need to exit, but sometimes the exit action performs some final tasks.

That said, try adding the Cancel/Close action after returning the form data. Often with the applications using the master business functions, there is information cached and that final exit does cleanup that might be needed. It might even be doing the final EndDoc action that finishes saving the data.

Finally, if that doesn't do the trick I recommend slogging through the AIS logs to see what is happening. I'm not on a version with the debugger yet either and my final resort is always to go through the logs to see more detail about how it is moving through the service request actions. It can be illuminating.

Regards,
Ellen

That said, try adding the Cancel/Close action after returning the form data. Often with the applications using the master business functions, there is information cached and that final exit does cleanup that might be needed. It might even be doing the final EndDoc action that finishes saving the data.

The Cancel + Close does not make the work order creation complete. I'm working on getting the logs.

My logs just show the API requests, with some JSON and some XML, which is pretty uninteresting. Am I looking at the wrong log? What would you normally see in the logs?

Can you try the following:
1. Turn off the bypass form processing on the Work Order details
2. Move the Return Form Data above the OK button and remove the previous order number from the return data
3. Add the same form again (i.e. have the P48013|W48013A twice)
4. On the second form turn on bypass form processing
5. On the second form return the Previous Order Number

I can't guarantee this will fix everything, but it will at least allow you to return fields that are populated before and after the OK button is pressed.

SOLVED: The solution was to set "stop on warning" to true...and include both OK button presses.

Last edited:
Back