E9.2 Orchestrator Looping On Custom Table

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
Good morning. I'm attempting to build an orchestration (I'm very new to orchestrations) that reads data from a custom table and then performs an action that I've captured with a Form Request. The catch that's causing me difficulties is that the source table is a combination of header and detail and the process uses two different E1 forms (a header and detail).

My question is this: after I've used the SREQ to get the records I wish to work with from the table, how do I work with subsets of that data, e.g. where HEADERVAL1=X, until that value changes? The result should be that it looks at the group of records, creates the header, and then stays in the detail until there are no more records for that set. It works fine if there's only one record for the source data, but that's not reality.

Heres what I'd do (I'm not a full year yet into active orch dev, but I've been enabled to focus on it almost the entire year, so my skill level is intermediate). I think you should probably look into grabbing some consulting time for this, but after someone does it once it'll be off to the races for you

1) Create a FR that handles the header/detail all-in-one into JDE, for a single header/detail set
2) Auto-create an orchestration from that FR (within the form request, there should be a menu item called "create orchestration". This auto-maps the fields properly to the orch inputs. This will be your INNER orchestration.
3) Create a new orch and add your inner orchestration. on the transformations dialog, select "use object for input". then click "view example input" and save that off to a text file, that is your template that you will recreate in this orch.
4) In this new orch, you will either do a data request of all distinct headers, and then loop through those to get all the detail lines for a given header. Then there will be a scripting step to turn your header + detail data into JSON to match your example file from step 3, and finally call the inner orch.

Step 4 is the crazy part where you'll really benefit from someone who's done this type of thing

Others with more experience will hopefully pipe up as well

Thanks for the input, Dave. After reading it, I realized that it was going to be more than I'm currently qualified to create. I enlisted the help of an external developer who has quite a bit of Orchestrator experience.

They demonstrated how they might approach and it doesn't seem overly different from what you are suggesting. They are starting with an orchestration that just grabs the subset of records that are related. This will be the input for the next orchestration, which will also iterate the detail form over the total number of records in the set (or something like that). I understand the concept shown to me, but not necessarily the technique to do it. I will get a chance to see it and play with it before moving it to PD, so this should be a good learning experience and give me a prototype for anything else that might require header/detail input.

Hi Folks,

I am also going through similar requirements, but did not able to achieve it. Is there someone who already developed or can guide me, will be really appreciated.

Back