Orange/Yellow read indication change without cause

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric, Support

I have had experienced more times until now that the Orange/Yellow read indication on the post icons changes without cause. There are two opposite changes. I will try to reconstruct the two scenario as well as I can remember.

1st Scenario:
=============
* Forum is opened just only in a single window on a single machine.
* I am logged on the Forum
* I have read the new posts on the developers site
* After I have read a thread then I refreshed my developers screen with the "Jump to: OneWorld/XE Developers" Jump button on the bottom of the screen and I have seen that all read post were yellow.
* After I have read the last thread then I haven't refreshed the screen instead of I went to the Who's Online panel after that went to the Main Index select the OneWorld/XE Developers again.
* At this moment all post that I have read in this session turned back to orange.

2nd Scenario:
=============
Sometimes when I have to kill my internet window without log off the Forum and go back and log in again, all post that I have never read turn to yellow.

Is it my special problem only?
It is a bit annoying for me because it makes me harder to follow the posts on the Forum.

Any solution will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan,

I am unable to reproduce your error.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Zoltan,

I seem to have someting similar, sometime a post (that was yellow before) will turn Orange even if this post as not change at all. I'm still trying to get the patern to reproduce it.

Christian Audet

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Until I read this, I had not actual noticed that the icons changed colour at all. The difference between the yellow and the orange being particularly subtle on my monitor. I have always just relied on the flag indicating new replies to a post, and sorting by date descending.

Dave

Hi Eric,

I have got a suspicion what can cause the Yellow to Orange changes.

Briefly:
When I press a button on the Forum and almost immediatly press an other before the first could be downloaded.

Here is what have I done:
I walked around the Forum, Main Index, Developers, Who is Online more times.
I entered Developers more times and the Orange/Yellow status of the posts was always OK.
After I have read all new posts on the Developers, was staying on the main index.
I pressed the Send Private and almost (1-2 sec) immediately the Check Private, before the Send Private form could be downloaded.

If my memory serves me well, sometimes I have done somthing similar when I experienced the Yellow to Orange changes.

Hopefully you can reproduce the "error" and correct it.

Thanks for all of your work on the Forums/Lists!

Zoltán

Edited:
I have just tried to reproduce but without success. Maybe the delay or phase could be important when do I press the second button after the first.

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Zoltan_Gyimesi on 8/16/01 09:00 AM.</FONT></P>

Back