• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Only 75% of the spooled PDF is printing

wgrantusa

We have a 237 page PDF that a transform project has processed. when it sends the pdf to the printer only 156 pages print out and then stops. I ran the job manually through the transform project and it created all 237 pages but only spools out 156 which is 4 gig. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this a printer issue with spooling or is it a transform or Adobe issue?

Mark Horton

Yes I have seen this problem.

Still not sure why this is happening, but here's some important details:

We're seeing the problem with Viewing OSA output
- View OSA output will use 1 of 2 licensed functions on the server:
- Either Active PDF server (Bottomline License) or Adobe Distiller
- Most clients go with Active PDF server from Bottomline

Details of our problem
- View OSA jobs go through Transform and then to a PS printer to produce the PDF output
- THEN it sends the job back to JDE to be viewable via the View OSA function (like View PDF)
- Our jobs are failing in this PS printer, they are not completing.
- Smaller jobs (less than 400 pages) process without errors.

Printing the Job to the Transform 'Inbound' printer eventually hands it off to the
'outbound' printer.
- Its important to note where the job is actually failing.
- Its probably not the 'inbound' printer, these jobs usually go through quickly.
- You may be seeing a very large job (2+ Gig) in the outbound printer.
- This is where it is probably failing.

Dont have a fix for this yet but I'm still looking:
- Graphic logo image file on Transform Branch is not unusually large
- Transform Branch logic is not complex.
- Transform version is 4.3
- I'm not so sure changes to the Win printer or physical printer will correct this but
doesnt hurt to try (increase PS Memory setting in Win Printer & PS Memory setting on
Physical printer)

Contact BT & see what they say.

If I find anything, I'll post it immediately.

Mark