OneWorld XE-Upgrade to Update 7

literskin

We are in the Implementation Phase of going to OneWorld XE from World A7.3 Cume 7. We are currently testing XE Update 6, SP 21-- World, Cume12. Because of some Interfaces for DSI Dclink product, we will need to upgrade to Update 7. We will also be updating to SP 22. We have 11 custimizations in the Sales Order/Transportation modules. We are coexistent and plan to go live with AR, GL, SOE,AdvTran, Adv Pricing, Purchasing,Inventory,PDM,SFC in OW and AP,Fixed Assets in World. We are in the process of running the Impact Analysis Tool to see the affect on our system.
Does anyone have any experiences-good or bad on Update 7?
Any information would be great. Thanks

Hi Nancy,
We did an upgrade from XE base to Update 6 but found problems that made us change plans and go to Update 7. Did that about 4-5 months ago.
Update 7 appears to be very stable and functional.
Regards,
Dave

Just a quick tip, we upgraded from World A7.3 Cum 12 to XE Update 6 SP20 almost a year ago and ran into trouble with the AR conversion. Unapplied Cash that was spread did not convert and I ended up completing the conversion through MS Access. The integrity reports did not work but I do know that as a result of the call I logged they found a bug in the conversion program - after our upgrade was complete so it might be OK now.

Update 7 is the first update to be sent with an Access 2000 database. We didn't know this and were having a difficult time just getting the table conversions to run. We ended up upgrading the dep svr to Access 2000.

Once it's loaded, we haven't had many application issues. if your company uses TB by Company, then you will want to watch for SAR 6821580. the performance on this inquiry is horrible for mid-period inquiries due to the way it's fetching records from the F0911.

We went from Update 4 to Update 7 with no problems what so ever. We also use DSI dcLINK and just upgraded it to SP2. We are experiencing no problems what so ever....

Franklin

Back