OneWorld login Details not held

Bulldog

I have users who log into 1 of 6 citrix servers which allocate users on a next available server basis. The user in question uses a laptop to log in, there login details seem not to held by the system (they are exiting out of OW by using FILE/EXIT and have the save settings on exit option ticked). If they logout and then back in again to another Citrix server they have to enter there details again and resize their windows and switch the exit bar on, if however they are allocated a server that they have been in before (on that day) then their settings are saved. Is this a Citrix problem or something else. Other users dont seem to have this problem although they user desktop machines (is this related somehow)?

Hello, Bulldog. This information is usually stored in the user's JDE.INI. Sounds to me like their INI is not accessible, or that it may be using the server's INI, which may be write-protected.

In our environment, users log into the Windows network and are given a Z: drive mapped to \\someserver\usersettings\username. Within this path, there is a folder named 'windows' which contains the user's unique JDE.INI.

Poke around and see if you can figure out which JDE.INI is being used and post some more details about your environment to the list. I'll help however I can.

-Tim

Looks like your users are using the JDE.ini on the CTX server, and not from a central store. Have a look under c:\Docs & Settings of the Citrix server, looks like the users are using the JDE.ini from this location, hence when logging into another server - their settings are lost. Try using Windows group policy to centralise the users profile when they login to the Citrix Farm. Common central place could be the Deployment server?

Back