OneWorld Journal (OW_JRNL) for DB2/400

rhunt01

Well Known Member
As part of our XE to JDE 9 migration (which is in process), we built a new environment and AS400 from the ground up. I noticed today that the definition of our OW_JRNL differs significantly between XE and JDE 9. On XE you see tables like F0401, F0901, F0411, F0911, F03B11, etc. being journaled (as you'd expect). On my new JDE 9 instance, most of those transaction tables are NOT journaled. Rather, I am seeing only a subset of the XE tables but I am also seeing INDEXES and VIEWS in the journal!

So, I have a few questions please:

1) Is there a document that details what JDE tables SHOULD be journaled on an AS400?
2) How is the OW_JRNL defined? Is it part of an installation program?
3) Some of the views being journaled are custom views and I definitely didn't add them - any general ideas there?
4) Is there a benefit to journaling indexes and views? What is it journaling, schema changes?
5) I found this issue because a piece of custom code that utilizes explicity transaction enforcement failed while inserting into the F0901 because it was not being journaled. We have been working in CRP for a while now and have not had any JDE issues. Does this imply that JDE does not use transaction management?

Thanks. RH

I ran into the same issue with inserts failing shortly after my last AS/400 8.12 install. After journaling all the physical files the issue went away. You shouldn't need to journal indexes or views as far as I know. Make sure you define your OWJRNL data source also in JDE.

Back