One World XE "DENY ALL" Security implementation

shaya

One World XE \"DENY ALL\" Security implementation

Dear All Members,

Currently we are on the process of designing security framework for one of our client based on "DENY ALL" security approach. The client is currently using General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Inventory Management, sales order management and purchase order management.

I have already captured the job details and created a matrix user vs application required to fullfill or complete tasks (This includes the security details).

I am planning to create groups and fit users into group,so that security can be applied in group level. Since I am very new to JDE, I am having few doubts.

Would be really greatfull if anyone of you could help me out.

Doubts:
1)Since all the application will be closed, I have read somewhere that other giving access to the application as per role,i need to give specically access to some other general purpose applications which are required to perform routine functions in JDE like
• Batch versions (P98305),
• User Password revisions (W98OWSECD),
• User Defined Code Search and Select (P005S),
Could you please list me other application which i should consider (other than the one listed above)

Any other suggestions if you could provide to implement DENY ALL security approach will be great help.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Shaya

Re: One World XE \"DENY ALL\" Security implementation

Here is the Oracle document which lists what you are looking for (link).

Dear Ken,

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried that link, but unfortunately not been able to access it.

Would be of great help if you could attach the document.

Thanks,
Shaya

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have tried the link provided by you, but not able to find the list. It will be of great help if you could provide me the details here or in my id [email protected].

Thanks,
Shaya

Shaya

You need to have Metalink3 access to be able to see that document.

Oracle pursues legally against people who attempt to copy their documentation. I would suggest you use the link - which worked fine for me with my Metalink3 user ID - otherwise talk to Oracle directly about gaining access to the site.

I thought Metalink3 was no longer available as superseded by My Oracle Support?

And as to the pursuance of legal action for document sharing, yes Certified Oracle Business Partners and non-certified vendors are restricted and watchdogged publicly from doing so. Customers and user groups are looked upon in a totally different manner and need not fear knowledge transfer or document sharing privately amongst themselves, as told to me by various staff of Oracle Global Support.

Back