E9.2 One Item with Multiple Suppliers

zschaaf

Is it possible to assign multiple suppliers to 1 item? How would that be done?

What Larry says is true, but the Item/Branch record only contains the primary supplier.

I should have been more specific. Is there a way for 1 item to have different lead times depending on the supplier? For example; we have an item that has a supplier in North America and another in China. The lead time for North America is 30 days, but China is closer to 100 days. We have been using the longer of the two in Item Branch, but we would like to have both specified if possible.

ALTD - average leadtime days in supplier/item relationship mentioned by Larry is what you are looking for…..supplier analysis when enabled will populate ALTD or can be manually updated.

Hope it helps, Thank you!

ALTD - average leadtime days in supplier/item relationship mentioned by Larry is what you are looking for…..supplier analysis when enabled will populate ALTD or can be manually updated.

Hope it helps, Thank you!
If we manually updated the ALTD in supplier/item relationship, would it override the leadtime level entered in Item Branch for the item? For example, we have an item that is set up with 5 different suppliers for one branch plant. In Item/Branch the leadtime level is defined as 50 days. But in Supplier/Item, we have 1 supplier with an ALTD of 63.76, another with 7, etc. If I manually change that 7 to say 25, would the WO calculate the start date based on the 25 I defined; or the 50 defined in Item Branch?

My understanding is that item branch LVLT for procured raw material will be used to calculate Mfg LT (LTMF) for finished goods/sub-assembly items. WO entry(P48013) performs back-scheduling to calculate WO start date based on LTMF. ALTD basically will be used to arrive at promised delivery date for purchase orders and it will not override item branch LVLT.

Hope this clears your points, Thanks

What I haven't heard is where you would like the system to plug in a Supplier Specific Leadtime.
  • In Leadtime Rollup? Nope ... how would the system know which Supplier to use?
  • In MRP? Ditto
  • When a MRP Message is converted to a PO and a Supplier is chosen? Ahhh - that would be useful. That's where you need to customize.

Back