On Purchase Order Field TX, Tax rate for line item

mgerritt

Well Known Member
On Purchase Order screen 43114, in the fold there is a field 'Taxable' (PDTX). On my system (and I cannot be sure we did not modify this in the deep dark past, although it does not seem we did) TX has optional values (per DD) Y N 3 4 5 6 7 8. We use 6 to indicate that the tax rate from the PO header Tax Rate/Area (PDTXA1) is to be overridden with a 6% tax rate. We use 3 to override with a 3% tax rate. Now I need to set this up with an override for a 1% tax rate (which is the tax rate for JDE Licenses, so this is important). Adding a 1 to the allowable choices in the DD doesn't do it. From what I can make out in the source code (I'm not a programmer) the P43500 program, which calculates the tax based on the TXA1 and TX values, allows the range 3 - 8. So I am guessing that I need to set a number in that range to the 1% rate. But I have no idea what may control that, or how I would change it. Again, we may have done this to ourselves, but if this is pure JDE code, can anyone tell me how to set up a new tax rate?

Hi Mark,

Check the processing options behind the tax area setup program. You should
be able to turn on the 3-8 field, and be able to enter a number in that
range. The intent of that field is to have different rates (not necessarily
3% through 8%) for different item groups. You would then use that number
instead of Y/N in the item's taxable field. I think you can do what you
want with it--since you already are using it for somethign else. The
number (3-8) becomes a key for finding the correct tax area.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Re: RE: On Purchase Order Field TX, Tax rate for line item

Andy, thanks for the help. It's not intuitively obvious, but the settings for P4008 do affect the use of the 'Tax Y/N 3 through 8' function. You have to make sure processing Option 1 is blank and 2 and 3 are '1'. Then you can add exception processing to each Tax Rate entry, with each code of the 3 through 8 representing an exception tax rate. Eg, If you have tax rate CT6 for 6% sales tax, the CT6 'item' 00000003 (code 3) can be the 1% exception. Document WDS-00-0006 is the JDE white paper.

Back