E9.2 OMW pre-defined user roles

jgagnon

I'm trying to find descriptions and capabilities of the pre-defined roles in E1 OMW.

The roles appear to be the following:
  • Originator
  • Developer
  • Manager
  • Quality Assurance
  • Product Support
  • PVC Administrator
  • Training
  • Documentation
  • Supervisor
When a user creates a new OMW project, they are automatically assigned the Originator role. All other users and/or roles must be added to the project.

What privileges do each of these roles bestow on a user? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

I also seem to recall reading somewhere that it was possible to define your own roles. That seems a little strange. Why wouldn't you use the set that's already defined?

Last edited:
I'm trying to find descriptions and capabilities of the pre-defined roles in E1 OMW.

The roles appear to be the following:
  • Originator
  • Developer
  • Manager
  • Quality Assurance
  • Product Support
  • PVC Administrator
  • Training
  • Documentation
  • Supervisor
When a user creates a new OMW project, they are automatically assigned the Originator role. All other users and/or roles must be added to the project.

What privileges do each of these roles bestow on a user? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

I also seem to recall reading somewhere that it was possible to define your own roles. That seems a little strange. Why wouldn't you use the set that's already defined?
Use application P98230 to configure OMW. When you first start using Enterprise One, you get to define what these roles can do, but there is some standard setup / role that is already completed. Concentrate on allowed actions and activity rules.

Some development groups are large enough to need more roles and so the software is flexible enough to allow you to add more. Most companies use the prescribed roles.

Back