OMW & IV versus BV

Plodder

Is there a developer or CNC administrator on-line who could help me with a simple question concerning the creation of batch and interactive versions? In all of the following, we are talking about working in the DV environment, on a Fat Client, on 8.11

To create an interactive version, I can either use OMW, hit "Add" and then choose "Interactive Version". Or, from Interactive Versions (P980351), I can hit "Add" to create then new interactive version. Regardless of which route I take to create the version, if I move the new version into an OMW project, promote to PY, build/e-gen etc, in both cases, will the version work over HTML?

Similarly for BV's - in OMW, I can hit "Add", and choose "Batch version", or I can hit "Add" from Batch Versions (P98305) Again, assuming I check the object in, move it to a project and promote that project up to PY, build/e-gen etc, in both cases, will the batch version run on HTML?

You can see the difference I'm driving at, hopefully?

The crux of the question is - does the version HAVE to be created within the OMW application, or can I add it from IV/BV and still promote up OK?

Any input would be welcome.

Plodder,
Both cases will work fine. They end up in OMW projects either way (as you mentioned).
When you do an add from within IV/BV, the version is added to your default project in OMW.
The only catch is if you are in a web environment. If you create versions from a thin client there are extra steps required.

Back