OMW and batch versions

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I have some questions about OMW and batch versions. Please bear with me because I'm just starting to learn it.

Two situations:

1. A user will be add and deleting batch versions. Since all batch versions will be added to default project. Do I need to set up OMW to make sure that the user's default project is at status 40 (Production development)?
I noticed that if it's at status 21, then the user can't delete it from PD because it thinks that the central objects are in DEV.

2. Because of the nature of my job, I can be in either PY or PD. What status should I set my default project to in order for me to delete batch versions? If I change the originator status to 40 (see above question) is there a way that I can bypass that? (ie My default project won't be at status 40).

Thanks for your help.

C Ho
Intermediate Programmer/Analyst
B7322 SP 12.4
AS/400 coexistant with SQL Server 7.0
Sandbox: Xe AS/400 coexistant with CO on SQL 7.0

Re: RE: OMW and batch versions

It doesn't answer the question of: what if the user creates a batch version in PD bv without checking it in, but tries to delete the version at a later time. OMW doesn't recognize that the version wasn't checked in and tries to delete it from central objects --DV. But it can't because the specs are on local and insteads give you an error.

CHo,

There is an nice document on JDE KG OTT-00-0071 entitled "Configuring Object
Management Workbench for Batch Versions in B73.3 Xe"

I think it might answer your questions.

Thanks,
Wade Wells

C Ho
B7322 SP 12.4

C Ho,
Since we HAVE TO use OMW in XE, the best habit is to do everything under OMW instead of outside of OMW as well for menus and UDCs too not only for Object Librarian type objects and versions.
Create projects with the appropriate status(es) to manage your versions.
I know, it isn't the most comfortable way but the most safe.
...AND on the other hand ...
Check out the OTT-00-0071 entitled "Configuring Object
Management Workbench for Batch Versions in B73.3 Xe" documentation (mentioned by Wade earlier) and modify the OMC accordingly.

Good luck,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

My main concern is for end-users who create, checkin, checkout and delete versions everyday. Our end-users would panic and get confused when they see OMW screen. Not all end-users are technically inclined. We would have a hard time selling OMW to them and training them to understand it as well.

I don't want to manipulate end-users' default projects because my workload would double.

Deleting batch versions from OMW doesn't seem to be deleting versions from F983051. I'm wondering if it's because OMW tables are in SYS7333 and each environment has its own F983051.

C Ho
B7322 SP 12.4

I understand your point very well.
I still panic and get confused dealing with OMW ;)

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
SandBox: OneWorld XE SP15

Back