E9.2 Object Usage not recording all types of object usages

grand_national

Object Usage not recording all types of object usages
We recently turned on Object Usage as we have a need for this information for various reasons.
It records App usages (seemingly fine), but does not seem to record UBE (Table Conversions specifically).
We discovered this by comparing the audit metrics it recorded against UBEs (not deleted by users) in WSJ and looking for specific TCs which we know are run daily.
TC UBEs do not appear in the metrics.
We then turned on BSFN, but they are not recorded either.
Now we are wondering if we can "trust" the APP usage metrics b/c we don't know what else it may be missing.
--
Has anyone encountered this issue and is there a config we missed or something else to be done?
Thx

We turned object tracking on about 5 years ago when we upgraded to 9.2. I see table conversions and BSFNs in our object usage data along with the APPL and UBEs. I wasn't involved in the configuration so can't help you there. Hopefully someone else can.

Thank you for your responses.
--
I set it up to record Apps, UBEs and BSFNS.
--
It seems BFSNs usage data is stored in a different table from the Apps and UBEs (the F98912 rather than the F98911), so after looking in the F98912, it actually is working for BSFNs for us, even though there isn't a P98912 app and the P98911 app doesn't seem to show BSFNs.
--
eydeak,
I'm really curious how TCs are working for you as this apparently is a known bug.
We are recording other UBEs, but not TC UBEs.
--
<snip response from Oracle>
--

APPLIES TO:​

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.

GOAL​

Can Object Usage Tracker Functionality Be Used For TC UBEs?

SOLUTION​

This functionality is not currently available.

Enhancement Bug 28094555 - P980042T OBJECT USAGE TRACKING SHOULD WORK FOR TC UBE has been requested for a future release. If you are a member of Quest User group please refer to Enhancement Requests via Quest User Groups (Document 1192883.1) for increasing visibility of enhancement requests.

How to Monitor a Code or Enhancement Request (ER) Defect from My Oracle Support (Document 1298390.1)

REFERENCES​

BUG:28094555 - P980042T OBJECT USAGE TRACKING SHOULD WORK FOR TC UBE

NOTE:2267215.1 - E1: ENV: Object Usage Tracking Functionality Available With Tools Releases 9.2.1.2 And Later

Thank you for your responses.
--
I set it up to record Apps, UBEs and BSFNS.
--
It seems BFSNs usage data is stored in a different table from the Apps and UBEs (the F98912 rather than the F98911), so after looking in the F98912, it actually is working for BSFNs for us, even though there isn't a P98912 app and the P98911 app doesn't seem to show BSFNs.
--
eydeak,
I'm really curious how TCs are working for you as this apparently is a known bug.
We are recording other UBEs, but not TC UBEs.
--
<snip response from Oracle>
--

APPLIES TO:​

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.

GOAL​

Can Object Usage Tracker Functionality Be Used For TC UBEs?

SOLUTION​

This functionality is not currently available.

Enhancement Bug 28094555 - P980042T OBJECT USAGE TRACKING SHOULD WORK FOR TC UBE has been requested for a future release. If you are a member of Quest User group please refer to Enhancement Requests via Quest User Groups (Document 1192883.1) for increasing visibility of enhancement requests.

How to Monitor a Code or Enhancement Request (ER) Defect from My Oracle Support (Document 1298390.1)

REFERENCES​

BUG:28094555 - P980042T OBJECT USAGE TRACKING SHOULD WORK FOR TC UBE

NOTE:2267215.1 - E1: ENV: Object Usage Tracking Functionality Available With Tools Releases 9.2.1.2 And Later
Additional clarification from Oracle for BSFN usage recording
--
So far the only way to look for records for BSFN are through the databrowser or UTB, as they are tracked by calling object name and function name e.g P01012/GetParentAddress, R0010P/GetCompanyAndReportDesc

Function calls are accumulated in memory and the counts are written to F98912 :-
• when called in application - every 45 minutes
• when called in UBE - after UBE completes

Hence, there are differences between APPL/UBE and BSFN in the populated fields.

I haven't looked too closely at it is recording the table conversions. We only have 2 that we run regularly. Otherwise, the vanilla ones show up when they are executed during updates. I mentioned them because I did see some when I ran P98902 in our system.

I normally use the P98902 application to view the summary data, rather than the application to look at the detail.

Back