• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Object Transfer

List,
I have a UBE that ran correctly in CRP and PROD. I made changes in
CRP then transferred the UBE and Version to PROD. I can check out the UBE
from CRP on any workstation, run locally and the results are correct. When I
check it out from PROD and run it locally I get the old format results. When
I check it out from PROD and look at it in the RDA I see the new changes. I
have deleted the ddtext.* , dddict.* and glbltbl.* on the client and allow
them to rebuild. I also tried building server & client packages (although
not required when checked out and runnig locally)

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be. I have taken
out two issues with Denver but have not gotten anywhere.

Thanks in Advance
Paul Gaynor

B772, SP11 ,NT4 , SQL 7
 

Toni_Nanneman

Active Member
I know I'm not supposed to say ME TOO! But I'm having the exact same
problem. I have an open call ticket with JDE and am still not getting
anywhere! Any ideas????

OW B7322 sp122
AS400 Enterprise Srvr
NT Deployment Server with SQL 6.5
Coexistent with World A73c8
 

owss

Member
Re: [Object Transfer ]

Try creating a new version in PROD

Regards

pgaynor <pgaynor@atsautomation.com> wrote:

List,
I have a UBE that ran correctly in CRP and PROD. I made changes in
CRP then transferred the UBE and Version to PROD. I can check out the UBE
from CRP on any workstation, run locally and the results are correct. When I
check it out from PROD and run it locally I get the old format results. When
I check it out from PROD and look at it in the RDA I see the new changes. I
have deleted the ddtext.* , dddict.* and glbltbl.* on the client and allow
them to rebuild. I also tried building server & client packages (although
not required when checked out and runnig locally)

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be. I have taken
out two issues with Denver but have not gotten anywhere.

Thanks in Advance
Paul Gaynor

B772, SP11 ,NT4 , SQL 7




--------------------------
To view this thread, visit the JDEList forum at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OW&Number=3531

*************************************************************
This is the JDEList One World / XE Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
*************************************************************


____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1
 

Toni_Nanneman

Active Member
RE: [Object Transfer ]

I don't know about Paul but we tried creating a new version, same problem.
We cannot run the object on the server!
 

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Re: RE: [Object Transfer ]

Toni,
you really have two different problems here. paul's problem is he can't run it locally. i don't think he mentioned anything about the server.
in your case i would go back to my trusted procedure on server packs. 1) create a server pack containing the UBE and any business views, tables, etc and ship it off. 2) create a server pack with the version and ship it off.
now, while they may have fixed this in more current versions of one world than mine, it does work great for me at b7321. in my version of one world the UBE had to exist before the version got there.
dave


NT 4.0 SP5, SQL 7.0, One World B7321 SP12.4, Citrix
 

owguru

Well Known Member
Paul,

Another potential gotcha in your scenario is version overrides. If you are trying run an existing prod version of this ube, it may have some version overrides. You mentioned format changes. If the version you are running has section layout overrides, then it will no longer inherit changes made to the same section in the template in this area. This can be a real headache when trying to test changes to a ube.

The easiest way to see if this is your problem is to follow the others' advice and create a new version in prod on a workstation that has the modified ube installed (or better yet, check the ube out from prod to make sure before you add the new version). If you still don't see your changes, then you've probably got a transfer issue.

Good Luck!

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms
 
Listers,

Thanks for all the advive. I've tried every combination of report &
version transfer & recreate, check in check out and package build
imagineable but still no luck. I suspect it is a transfer issue, as you
suggested. The only other thing I have noticed is that the reports I have
problems with tend to have a lot of event rule coding which might be
effecting the OT process.

Thanks again

Paul.
 
Top