object changed if i downloaded ESU

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I recently found that I downloaded ESU last month and applied in DV and after 3 weeks I applied in PY and so on. I noticed that the DV object's ER is different than the PY/PD. Is Oracle changes object on fly even I applied downloaded ESU from my DEP server?

Note: I know some of you promote the ESU from DV and so on which is not I am interested in but will consider in future due to the weird behavior I am discussing here.

Thanks

Hello there

I recently found that I downloaded ESU last month and applied in DV and after 3 weeks I applied in PY and so on. I noticed that the DV object's ER is different than the PY/PD. Is Oracle changes object on fly even I applied downloaded ESU from my DEP server?

Note: I know some of you promote the ESU from DV and so on which is not I am interested in but will consider in future due to the weird behavior I am discussing here.

Thanks

Did you installed the ESU using Change Assistant or Electronic Software update application ?

Thanks.
Looks like you got me here.
I remember the Change assistant was skipping the ESU and I had to change the status in ESU application and did reapply ESU from change assistant. But does it matter?

Thanks.
Looks like you got me here.
I remember the Change assistant was skipping the ESU and I had to change the status in ESU application and did reapply ESU from change assistant. But does it matter?

Ok... We believe this what happened in your system.

After 3 weeks When you applied the ESU from the change assistant for the pathcode ( PY & PD ) , It downloaded the latest spec for the affected objects from updatecenter.oracle.com.

We hope this specification is updated one when compare to specification before 3 week. Because of that you are seeing the spec different in between DV and PY, PD.

In this case you can use Electronic software update application to apply the ESU to PY & PD or from change assistant instead of download & deploy the ESU. We need to use the Work with Batches Option to apply the ESU to PY & PD.

Go to Work with batches --> Select the Batch ( The batch you applied on DV) ---> Batch Actions --> New Deploy Action. Screenshot attached for your reference.

Screenshoot

Attachments

• Change Assistant.jpg
    Change Assistant.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
You absolutely right, I see the latest date stamp on the ESU file so looks like "New Deploy batch" re-downloaded the ESU . (I did not know that!)

I don't see anything on the "work with batches" screen in CA assistant it is may be because there is no ESU left to install. Just wondering for future if I use Deploy option only will do the same what you are suggesting. (Screen is attached)?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 6
You absolutely right, I see the latest date stamp on the ESU file so looks like "New Deploy batch" re-downloaded the ESU . (I did not know that!)

I don't see anything on the "work with batches" screen in CA assistant it is may be because there is no ESU left to install. Just wondering for future if I use Deploy option only will do the same what you are suggesting. (Screen is attached)?

May be this screen will help you better !

Attachments

• Change Assistant.png
    Change Assistant.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
I know but nothing listed under that option.

Case 1 : If you never applied the ESU using change assistant then work with Batches will be empty

Case 2 : If you change the log location ( Edit --> Preference ) or deleted files under the location after apply the ESU, Work with batches will not show the last batch action. Screenshot attached for this case.

Attachments

• Log Location.jpg
    Log Location.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
Back